GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE VOTE FOR THE NEXT NOTABLE - DISCUSSION"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/01 at 19:05
Regular
Those new to the forums may have noticed a heavy pair of boots clicking their heels and the people wearing them are called "Notables". They are easily identified but their Gold Names and invariably (but with one exception perhaps) they tend to be popular characters on the forums.

One new Notable is voted in every three months and here's your chance to vote. BUT DON'T VOTE HERE. See Below.

This thread is to TALK ABOUT THE ELECTION.

One person has one vote. EVERYBODY (including Staff) can vote PROVIDING they were signed up before November 1st 2001. If you just arrived then you'll have to wait for next time - sorry.

Vote as two people and we will exclude you.
Vote more than once and we will exclude both votes.
Don't vote for the Notables.
Don't vote for a Newbie.
Don't vote for a Member of Staff.

You can only vote ONCE for a REGULAR.

What are we voting for:

The person who in your opinion has made the best OVERALL CONTRIBUTION to the forums.

How to vote?

Despite some very good suggestions we will have an open vote in a VOTE THREAD. Commencing NOW and closing at Midnight on November 22nd.

Those interested in being elected should start their campaigns. Good Luck.
Page:
Wed 21/11/01 at 14:00
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> My first post for a few days, and possibly my last in a few days, unless time
> does me a few favours:

I vote for Goatboy.

He rules.

Not much more I
> can say.

Votes need to go in the voting thread, but I'll make sure this one does not get missed.
Mon 19/11/01 at 21:27
Regular
"not dead"
My first post for a few days, and possibly my last in a few days, unless time does me a few favours:

I vote for Goatboy.

He rules.

Not much more I can say.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Not sure about that. Things change.

POP
Sun 18/11/01 at 17:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Just for something relative to say i'll say this..

Do you think that the notable votes this time round kind of determine the next natable vote winners? You know second place winning it next time?

I know the people who voted the winner this time may vote someone else but it could be no?
Sun 18/11/01 at 17:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Just popping this.
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:47
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Let's stop whining about Democracy and so on... look at it this way:

You put all the special reserve members in a room and ask who is going to vote... Let's assume that it's like General Election voting with a 50% turnout... so you have hlaf the room left to vote, lets say 24% vote for Goatboy and the rest vote for other people. Well that means you have allowed 24% to speak for the majority, which is not democracy. Obviously this applies more to America where George Bush is not speaking for the majority and it now looks like he didn't even win the election anyway. So what does all this mean...

Democracy isn't perfect but it is workable and so I would suggest, no, implore that you VOTE GOAT and make SR a better place.
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:34
Regular
Bah.

3rd + 2nd added together <> 1st

Better? :0)

...bloody Venombyte finding every bloody mistake bloody...
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
So Goatboy is like labour..

...with a landslide victory?
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You know, that looks a lot like you're saying the top three all have the same amount of votes. And if you call that a majority, I can believe you when you say your brain is on holiday ;)
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:23
Regular
Well, the second and third voted people have the same amount of votes as the first voted, so far.

I would call that a majority.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.