GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best special edition ever?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/04/07 at 21:24
Regular
"8==="
GS:

Democracy was in action last month when gamers signed an online petition asking 2K Games to release a collector's edition of BioShock, the upcoming PC and Xbox 360 game from Irrational Games. Upon getting 5,000 signatures, 2K Games acquiesced and announced that it would release a special edition of the game, but did not mention what would be included. That decision was left up to the gamers, who voted in an online poll to determine the LE's contents.

Today, a 2K rep informed GameSpot not only of what will be included as goodies to the limited edition, but also how much it will cost gamers. Dubbed BioShock Limited Edition, the SKU will set back gamers an extra $10 ($59.99 for the PC version, $69.99 for the Xbox 360 version) and be available exclusively at GameStop and EB Games outlets in the US and Canada. 2K Games has not yet detailed the release of the LE in other territories.

In addition to the requisite "Making of" DVD and special packaging with original art, the BioShock LE will come with the game's soundtrack and a figurine of a Big Daddy (pictured), one of the game's characters.

BioShock is scheduled for release this August. For more information, read GameSpot's previous coverage.
Sat 28/04/07 at 23:26
Regular
Not a special edition but my copy of Comix Zone on the Megadrive came with a free soundtrack cd. I can't remember anything else.

Oh, my Bart Vs The Space Mutants on the C64 came with a free badge.

Maybe Ecco could have come with a years supply of tuna or something
Sat 28/04/07 at 18:49
Regular
"lets go back"
Metal Gear Solid on the playstation was the best set. You got the soundtrack, a t-shirt, some dog tags, a poster and some postcards. It all came in a lovely big silver box.
Fri 27/04/07 at 20:26
Regular
No mon, it had to be the Half-life 2 Silver tin edition I got. T-shirt been stretched out by a fat man yo.
Fri 27/04/07 at 13:41
"possibly impossible"
No contest. It has to be The Hobbit on Spectrum 48k and C64 with a lovely designed collectors box and a copy of the novel (one of the best books ever).

Wish I'd kept the box now, but I still have that copy of the book.
Fri 27/04/07 at 12:37
Regular
Nah, trust me it'll be worlds apart from the gorgeous but ultimately souless Gears of War. It's from the dev team that did Systerm Shock 2, there's no way in hell these guys will let Bioshock fall into the category of 'just another 1st person shooter'.
Fri 27/04/07 at 12:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Okies, I'll keep an eye out for more info on it, but it's not on my 'must buy' list just yet. To me it's looking a bit like Gears of War, all hype and at the end of the day you just shoot stuff.
Fri 27/04/07 at 12:14
Regular
Freedom to do whatever you want and go where ever you want, moral choices, write your own story...blah blah blah
Fri 27/04/07 at 12:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's not a Telekenetic 1st person shooter horror story though. He
> just happens to use telekenesis in the trailer, there's a hell of
> a lot more to the game than that.

Like... what? Shooting stuff? A storyline? Throwiing switches?
Fri 27/04/07 at 11:47
Regular
It's not a Telekenetic 1st person shooter horror story though. He just happens to use telekenesis in the trailer, there's a hell of a lot more to the game than that.

If you want originality in a genre that has stagnated over the past few years with the same tried and tested formulas then Bioshock could well be the game for you. If not then move along, there really is nothing to see here.

Oh and you can shove your stupid dogtags where the... :D
Fri 27/04/07 at 00:35
Regular
"8==="
"It's a doll."

"ACTION FIGURE!!!111"

Oh and I like your non-serious post, welldone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.