GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just had a thought..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/08/00 at 17:30
Regular
Ok, Nintendo has registered the name Starcube, but what does that mean? Everyone quickly jumps on the idea that it MUST be the name of the console, even after Nintendo deny it is and say it is only speculation and rumours. So what else could it be? Well, it could be an addon to the controller, or the controller itself. It could be the name of the tilt mechanism so talked about for the Dolphin controller (I will refer to Unnamed Next Generation Nintendo Entertainment System as the Dolphin, although if Nintendo read this they may be forced to change the name to the much better UNGNES, as we all know how Nintendo work with names) or it could be the modem, unlikely but possible. It also could be the system or addon that will connect the GBA to the Dolphin, which is much more likely. What else? DVD addon, nah. A hardware emulator for the n64? I'm clutching at imaginary straws now. Any ideas or comments anyone?
Tue 15/08/00 at 23:26
It could also be the name of a new Mario game for the Dolphin!

It could also be a Nintendo conspiracy to take over the world!

I'm not dissing, I'm just agreeing with you! Starcube just could be a hoax name like Ultra64!

By the way, Gameplay.com still think it's Ultra64 and so do other companies! I've had registration cards from loads of gaming companies in PC games that ask if I've got an Ultra64!
Tue 15/08/00 at 17:30
Regular
Ok, Nintendo has registered the name Starcube, but what does that mean? Everyone quickly jumps on the idea that it MUST be the name of the console, even after Nintendo deny it is and say it is only speculation and rumours. So what else could it be? Well, it could be an addon to the controller, or the controller itself. It could be the name of the tilt mechanism so talked about for the Dolphin controller (I will refer to Unnamed Next Generation Nintendo Entertainment System as the Dolphin, although if Nintendo read this they may be forced to change the name to the much better UNGNES, as we all know how Nintendo work with names) or it could be the modem, unlikely but possible. It also could be the system or addon that will connect the GBA to the Dolphin, which is much more likely. What else? DVD addon, nah. A hardware emulator for the n64? I'm clutching at imaginary straws now. Any ideas or comments anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.