GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix reviews???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:29
Regular
Ok, was looking forward to Enter The Matrix but I'm concerned that I've not found any reviews anywhere online for it.
Not a one from a reputable site. I've seen some user reviews but along the lines of "u can leep from da wallz rofloflolfofoakf"

Anyone know if there are reviews around before I get it? Movie tie-ins usually reek and I'm always wary before purchasing one.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, was looking forward to Enter The Matrix but I'm concerned that I've not found any reviews anywhere online for it.
Not a one from a reputable site. I've seen some user reviews but along the lines of "u can leep from da wallz rofloflolfofoakf"

Anyone know if there are reviews around before I get it? Movie tie-ins usually reek and I'm always wary before purchasing one.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:49
Regular
"Hallelujah"
It's not a movie tie in its an "Official movie companion", the SR review is pretty good for information.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:51
Regular
"not dead"
Funnily enough the publishers have only recently released review copies to magazines, websites and the like.

This will barely give them time to play it through before it is released.

Might find a few reviews pop up tomorrow, if you're lucky though.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> It's not a movie tie in its an "Official movie companion",
> the SR review is pretty good for information.
--

Yes but they haven't played it.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Ahh Tochie!
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:56
Regular
"not dead"
Not sure if this link works, due to the frame it's in. No pop ups though:

www.gamerankings.com/ itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=182831

(Find the space, it's a fun game)

A review of the Xbox version, that leads me to believe he hasn't played it either.
Wed 14/05/03 at 09:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That review is the same SRs and other places, talks about features but not about the gameplay.

Apparently one of the hacking codes is available on the soundtrack CD inlay.
Hmmmm...I smell something,
Wed 14/05/03 at 10:02
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I received my copy of NGC Magazine this morning and they gave Enter the Matrix...

73%.

I only scanned through the review, but they mention that it's very repetitive, with simple A to B running about beating up generic baddie goons over and over, which can get rather tedious after a while.
On the plus side it does have some amazing hand-to-hand fights and flashy visuals.
They feel the game was rushed and has a few glitches, and that always has a negative effect, but it should appeal to fans of the movie who'll go out and buy any old rubbish Matrix merchandise.
I suppose it all depends on what system(s) you have though. If you have a Gamecube then you have many great games out over recent months to play and may be too busy with Zelda or Metroid to bother with this, but Xbox and PS2 haven't been quite so lucky.
Wed 14/05/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Seems like the review sums up what I've read here and there.
It's an ok game, not brilliant but not as bad as some movie-tie ins.

If I get it, it'll be the PC version.
Still playing Vietcong, Morrowind, GTA3, Delta Force, Freedom Force, Black and White and IL2 though, so it can wait.
Wed 14/05/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I wonder if there is, or will be, a PC demo for it?...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.