GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Me? I'll Be Gaming!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/11/01 at 20:24
Regular
What would you associate with Christmas? Snow? Presents? Warmth? Caucasian Fir Trees? Maybe even having to kiss ugly aunts? But what will you be doing this Christmas? Will you be sitting in a room after having opened all your presents wondering if anyone's on FOG? Maybe you'll be playing with your little sisters pet kitten - making it chase your hand and stuff........

Anyway... beside the usual consuming of the After Eight mints, and stealing all my little brothers gool gadget things, I will..... be gaming.

You might be thinkning 'What a complete loser Game is'. But Christmas is a family time and once someone realises i'm playing Mario Tannis on my own, they come along and say:

"Let me play?!"

I very rarely play games on my own... sure there are times when I have to tie my brother to the banister and gag him so he can't bug me and ruin my chances of World Cup glory in Fifa '98, but most of the time, i'm more than glad to obliterate someone elses character in Goldeneye, or take Gold to their Bronze in Mario Kart 64.

I'm quite looking forward to Christmas this year - I'm not usually... distant memories of receiving 5 alarm clocks in 1 year saw me uptake quite a pesemistic attitude towards 'getting' - I found more joy in giving - (Game: Everyones Hero - And he knows it... :D)

But, as i've said Christmas this year should be good... not only have I demended cash from my friends and relatives :D, i'll also have quite a nifty line-up of PS2 titles to keep me amused during those cold December nights. Now - i'm not going to go on about how the PS2 games are so great this November - (I did that yesterday :D), but I do want to talk about how far people will go to 'stand-up' for 'their' company... personally, I don't care... I much prefer Nintendo to their rivals, and I will get a Gamecube... but i'll be seen in a Pink ballet dress driving in a bloody Skoda before before I waste Christmas being completely bored and over-loyal.

To me, who has just been paid about £150 for doing absolutely nothing for 5 days here and there, I can afford a PlayStation 2 - And i'll most likely buy one soon, i've got about 3 outstanding Gameaday prizes that i'm juggling with which could mean that i'll be playing Pro Evolution, Road Rage and THPS3 with my brethren over the Christmas holidays!

But what about Mr. Grumpy... in his house, all alone... bored with all the carol singers and sick to death of his mum's mince pies from Christmas '97... He can't be very happy... having no company is the worst thing, but then again, not having anything to do when he could be playing a handful of choice titles from the Nov/Dec PS2 release list must be almost as bad!

I know a lot of you are too young to have a Part-Time job, £3-10 a week pocket-money doesn't go far does it? But for those of you sitting on the diving board of your pound coin swimming pool like Scrooge McDuck on a rainy day - Go get a gaming thing! I don't care if it's a Dreamcast, N64, Gameboy Advance, PSOne, PlayStation 2 - The last thing you want at Christmas time is to be bored... Buy a PS2, go to your sisters house and play with her kids on the Playstation 2, Take the N64 round to your work partners house! - Just don't be bored! You live once... I know Christmas comes every single year of your life, but having built up 364 days of stress back-ache and all the rest of it, you owe it to yourself to have a good time!

But remember what Christmas is really about...

So, what'll you be doing this Christmas? Me?...

I'LL BE GAMING!

Game
Fri 09/11/01 at 11:33
If you want to see what I'll be doing this christmas Game ol' buddy. Just look for the topic I did a bit ago, posing the same question and informing you of what I do at christmas....

"Don't worry, soon it'll be christmas" I think its called.

No, I'm not joking, you really have done it again :-)

But don't worry, I guess mine was a bit premature anyway...
Fri 09/11/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I wont be getting a christmas - live far too near liverpool so some %^&$%£ scally stole it!
Fri 09/11/01 at 09:49
Regular
"smile, it's free"
This Christmas, I 're be mostly eatin'
Fri 09/11/01 at 09:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Unfortunately I'll be gaming all over Christmas (specifically the 24th, 25th and 26th) As my gorgeous wife has to work those 3 days from 6am to 8pm!! (It sucks!!)

But the bright side is that I get to play all of my new title all day, get drunk and eat crap!!

I hate Christmas

*Bahh Humbug!*
Fri 09/11/01 at 09:39
Regular
Whats wrong with being seen "seen in a Pink ballet dress driving in a bloody Skoda"? I do it all the time.... *ahem* :-)

Seriously though, I won't be gaming much this Chirstmas, I can game every other day of the year, why would I want to do it on Christmas day, of all days?
Thu 08/11/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
What would you associate with Christmas? Snow? Presents? Warmth? Caucasian Fir Trees? Maybe even having to kiss ugly aunts? But what will you be doing this Christmas? Will you be sitting in a room after having opened all your presents wondering if anyone's on FOG? Maybe you'll be playing with your little sisters pet kitten - making it chase your hand and stuff........

Anyway... beside the usual consuming of the After Eight mints, and stealing all my little brothers gool gadget things, I will..... be gaming.

You might be thinkning 'What a complete loser Game is'. But Christmas is a family time and once someone realises i'm playing Mario Tannis on my own, they come along and say:

"Let me play?!"

I very rarely play games on my own... sure there are times when I have to tie my brother to the banister and gag him so he can't bug me and ruin my chances of World Cup glory in Fifa '98, but most of the time, i'm more than glad to obliterate someone elses character in Goldeneye, or take Gold to their Bronze in Mario Kart 64.

I'm quite looking forward to Christmas this year - I'm not usually... distant memories of receiving 5 alarm clocks in 1 year saw me uptake quite a pesemistic attitude towards 'getting' - I found more joy in giving - (Game: Everyones Hero - And he knows it... :D)

But, as i've said Christmas this year should be good... not only have I demended cash from my friends and relatives :D, i'll also have quite a nifty line-up of PS2 titles to keep me amused during those cold December nights. Now - i'm not going to go on about how the PS2 games are so great this November - (I did that yesterday :D), but I do want to talk about how far people will go to 'stand-up' for 'their' company... personally, I don't care... I much prefer Nintendo to their rivals, and I will get a Gamecube... but i'll be seen in a Pink ballet dress driving in a bloody Skoda before before I waste Christmas being completely bored and over-loyal.

To me, who has just been paid about £150 for doing absolutely nothing for 5 days here and there, I can afford a PlayStation 2 - And i'll most likely buy one soon, i've got about 3 outstanding Gameaday prizes that i'm juggling with which could mean that i'll be playing Pro Evolution, Road Rage and THPS3 with my brethren over the Christmas holidays!

But what about Mr. Grumpy... in his house, all alone... bored with all the carol singers and sick to death of his mum's mince pies from Christmas '97... He can't be very happy... having no company is the worst thing, but then again, not having anything to do when he could be playing a handful of choice titles from the Nov/Dec PS2 release list must be almost as bad!

I know a lot of you are too young to have a Part-Time job, £3-10 a week pocket-money doesn't go far does it? But for those of you sitting on the diving board of your pound coin swimming pool like Scrooge McDuck on a rainy day - Go get a gaming thing! I don't care if it's a Dreamcast, N64, Gameboy Advance, PSOne, PlayStation 2 - The last thing you want at Christmas time is to be bored... Buy a PS2, go to your sisters house and play with her kids on the Playstation 2, Take the N64 round to your work partners house! - Just don't be bored! You live once... I know Christmas comes every single year of your life, but having built up 364 days of stress back-ache and all the rest of it, you owe it to yourself to have a good time!

But remember what Christmas is really about...

So, what'll you be doing this Christmas? Me?...

I'LL BE GAMING!

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.