GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHAT IS THE BEST DRIVING GAME FOR PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 16:46
Regular
i want to buy a decent driving game with plenty of tracksd and cars to unlock things like that i used to love playing metropolten street racer for the dream cast it had loads of cars and tracks. so what is the best driving gane to get
Fri 16/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I don't think Special Reserve ever did sell it... not many retailers in the UK stocked it thanks to Infogrames dire marketing, and Sony pushing their own offering instead. Which is a crime against the racing simulation community! It'll be tragedy if this gem doesn't receive an update.
Fri 16/05/03 at 10:25
"...Unicef pennies.."
Darwock wrote:
> Grand Prix Challenge.

Why don't SR sell this anymore?

Hmmm. No matter, shall get myself a copy from eBay anyway, but it's a bit peculiar.
Fri 16/05/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Complete Banker"
How can they ignore, score boards and best times etc?????!!!!! As you point out, FM, people need a reason to play online and a reason is an attempt to climb the leader board or win back that place you've just lost.

Not the sole reason, I agree and I certainly hope when the Network Adaptor goes on sale proper, there'll be more people ready to race online....?
Thu 15/05/03 at 17:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Flying Pig wrote:
> I haven't even touched on Network play, although the liked of FM will
> probably know all about that!

Kinda, network play is a 'little' disappointing to be honest.

Sure, you can race all kinds of circuits against real life opponents (up to 8 of you racing at the same time) and you can choose from Career Mode races, customise your own, or preset courses preloaded on the servers.

Sure, you can play Detonate or Capture the Flag.

Sure, it's broadband so there's no noticeable slowdown or lag.

But here are the downers:

Not enough people online with it at present, so finding someone to race online against can be hit and miss. However this should resolve itself as more people get the game and go online.

Biggest downer of all:

No records are kept, no laptimes, no racetimes, no 'most wins', 'most bombs', 'most flags'... nothing. You've got no reward whatsoever for playing online apart from smoking your opponents to kingdom come.

If they had included just lap time records, you'd have something to race against and a target to aim for even if there was nobody else online. I'm hoping they'll correct this kind of omission in future titles and I keep pointing out to SCEE at every opportunity that they HAVE to offer gamers some reward for online gameplay, or else what's the point?
Thu 15/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Grand Prix Challenge.

Unless you don't care about real life racing, in which case it's Burnout 2.
Thu 15/05/03 at 09:18
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I thought I'd just update you all on Midnight Club 2, as I had a quick thrash last night....

The first thing you notice, is that compared to the splendor of Burnout 2, the graphics look a bit rough, although to be fair there's a hell of a lot going on and the tracks are totally open - you can drive anywhere!

The other thing is that it's hard, I'm only about 8 races in, but the last one took be a good 5 attempts. The game appears to be very unforgiving - whereas in Burnout2 you could crash a few times and still win (especially on the earlier races), any major mistakes here will almost certainly mean losing, and in MC2 only first is good enough....

Saying that there are some nice touches, such as stumbling upon a police car and having it chase you, with roadblocks being set up ahead, catching your opponent(s) as well as you. The shortcuts tend to be excellent, although sometimes they're difficult to find and don't really go anywhere. My guess is that as you learn the layout of the city the use of shortcuts should be come easier - we'll wait and see on that one.

The problem here is that this game is along similar lines to the excellent Burnout 2 and in some areas it falls short of the mark, however from what I have played, this is still a very good game and for those of you who loved Burnout 2 and crave more MC2 might be worth a look.

I haven't even touched on Network play, although the liked of FM will probably know all about that!
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Party Hard"
Burnout 2 Burnout 2 Burnout 2

It's absolutely stunning.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:48
"period drama"
Burnout 2.
Although the GC and XB versions are both better ...
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I'd go for either GT3 or Burnout 2 depending on what you're after... but with GT3 at £20 you haven't really got an excuse for not owning it!

Haven't played Midnight Club 2 yet, but it arrived today...
:)
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
I havent played it yet but also Midnight Club 2 is suppose to be pretty good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.