GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal Tournament 2003 online opinions......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2003'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:42
Regular
Intending on getting Xbox Live when I purchase me a Bill Box and was wondering how good Tournament is online?

Mainly, do the controls feel natural?

I had Quake 3 on my Dreamcast and found because it was in essence a PC shooter the controls where far too sluggish and responsive to make it fun. It was just begging out for a mouse and keyboard.

What are the people online like? I mean is it infested with pasty faced geeks who do nothing all day but play Xbox live. I've been on Phantasy Star Online a lot on my Cube and have been impressed by the majority of people on there, they're really helpful and friendly. Where as when i've been online with my PC all I ever seem to get is "Kill da noob" or "U suckz, I iz L337 bumboyz"

Oh and would I be better off ignoring Unreal and just getting Wolfenstein. If both games are good i'd probably get both though.
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I would probably say RTCW, because its online set up is really well implemented.

I had a lend of UC a while ago. Single placer only lasts an hour or two. Its a great fast paced shooter, but the frame rate isn't much cop, and the aiming is twitchy with a pad although I suppose messing with the settings would sort this.

I don't know about the online community for this game, but i'm guessing not good as its mostly a solo deathmatchers dream in proving that other people "sux". I've heard though that some online games have players using auto aim, and others don't which is unfair. Optimatch games however can be set up to elimintate this.

Bear in mind I've just pointed out its faults, the game really is a good blaster, I still think RTCW though is your best bet.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
I take it you mean Unreal Championship?! I would wait for RTCW as after reading the IGN review it sounds absolutley fantastic. RTCW is more a team based game where as Unreal Championship is more of a mad frag fest for those with itchy trigger fingers :) I would wait for Unreal to come into the players choice range and go with RTCW for now. Its just my opinion though.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:42
Regular
Intending on getting Xbox Live when I purchase me a Bill Box and was wondering how good Tournament is online?

Mainly, do the controls feel natural?

I had Quake 3 on my Dreamcast and found because it was in essence a PC shooter the controls where far too sluggish and responsive to make it fun. It was just begging out for a mouse and keyboard.

What are the people online like? I mean is it infested with pasty faced geeks who do nothing all day but play Xbox live. I've been on Phantasy Star Online a lot on my Cube and have been impressed by the majority of people on there, they're really helpful and friendly. Where as when i've been online with my PC all I ever seem to get is "Kill da noob" or "U suckz, I iz L337 bumboyz"

Oh and would I be better off ignoring Unreal and just getting Wolfenstein. If both games are good i'd probably get both though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.