GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with PHP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/11/01 at 12:37
Regular
Hi.
I tried that php script that came with the freeola email, you know, the one about inserting an html file or a document anywhere on a page:

Then I'm saving the file as .php, but when I go to open it from the browser it opens Notepad. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:08
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Hi - maybe I'm too late for this discussion, but for your info, I use Xitami as a web server to check stuff out before loading it up to Freeola. It works just fine with PHP, and was simplicity itself to install. I think I installed PHP after Xitami, in which case it configures Xitami for you, but its not difficult to set up the .php extension to run the PHP interpreter.
Get it at www.xitami.com.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
monkey_man wrote:
> Right. I've downloaded and installed that Omnicron thing, now how do I create
> my own server. I've got the feeling I'm in way over my head here.

You shouldn't be. You just need to run it and follow the instructions. One it's installed and running, double-click on the lighting icon in your system tray and set it up. I managed this first time with no problems, it's very easy.
Sat 10/11/01 at 14:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Right. I've downloaded and installed that Omnicron thing, now how do I create my own server. I've got the feeling I'm in way over my head here.
Sat 10/11/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cheers Turbonutter, you codemonkey. I was trying to do this for ages with Javascript and the only way is to write an