GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dilema: Can you help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/04/07 at 14:42
Regular
"eat toast!"
Right i managed to get through to the second round of interviews for a job. Now heres the problem(s)

The second round of interviews is at 5.00pm in reading and excluding the tube time from liverpool st to paddington, it'll take 2 hours. My problem is

1. whether its worth the hassle to travel so far just to go to a job interview that i may not succeed in getting

2. Not actually what i want to be honest.

The interview is apprently being conducted by one of the directors and its for a job as IT analyst for cisco. Part of me feels i should go for it. Another half says don't bother you still haven't done so many things back home like learning to drive or crashing out for a few solid months/year/. In addition its probably the journey to work. It'll be somewhere far far away that would make journeying to london back and forth a nightmare.
Wed 25/04/07 at 22:34
Regular
"eat toast!"
Problem is the somewhat inconvient times and date especially when i'm still in education. Its far too crucial to miss a lecture at this stage and thats the problem.

But it took me 2 hours to get to my interview in bedfont lakes, so i can't see why i can't take in theory the same journey. I'll think about it.
Wed 25/04/07 at 22:27
Regular
Even if you don't get or want the job, the interview experience is worth a lot.

I needed to go to a few interviews before I fine-tuned my understanding of how to represent myself well.

If you don't interview much before you go for the job you really do want, you don't give yourself a fair chance to get it.
Wed 25/04/07 at 16:44
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Have you had many interviews of this type before? Perhaps the interview experience is worthwhile whether you want the job or not. Especially true if this is the type of position you'd ultimately want to get (even if the timing isnt right at the moment).
Wed 25/04/07 at 16:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm 20 coming up to 21 (in august) and about to graduate from uni. Teaching ends in may.
Wed 25/04/07 at 15:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
spoonbeast wrote:
> 1. whether its worth the hassle to travel so far just to go to a
> job interview that i may not succeed in getting

Nothing like a defeatist attitude. :)
I've no clue of your age or status but I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the experience whether you are ultimately offered the job or not. I was offered a job recently after an interview process. Where as I didnt take the job, I still think it was worthwhile being in the race.

You've doubts about the job and thats fair enough but you applied for the job (I assume) so theres some interest on your part. Personally I'd worry about it if/when theres an offer on the table and you can weigh up all the pros and cons.
Wed 25/04/07 at 15:17
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If it's not what you want don't do it.

On the plus side you can get a job paying the same amount stacking shelves at night in Tesco, which would enable you to save up and take a year or two out travelling the world, playing the latest videogames and getting your driving licence, then you can come back and spend time looking for a job you want to do.

On the minus side, if you don't go to the interview you're reducing your chances of eventually ending up in the top brass at Cisco on a seven figure remuneration package as you become more and more responsible for directing the path of future IT solutions, couple of houses, fleet of cars, flat in the Algarve, mistress or two on the side etc.
Wed 25/04/07 at 14:42
Regular
"eat toast!"
Right i managed to get through to the second round of interviews for a job. Now heres the problem(s)

The second round of interviews is at 5.00pm in reading and excluding the tube time from liverpool st to paddington, it'll take 2 hours. My problem is

1. whether its worth the hassle to travel so far just to go to a job interview that i may not succeed in getting

2. Not actually what i want to be honest.

The interview is apprently being conducted by one of the directors and its for a job as IT analyst for cisco. Part of me feels i should go for it. Another half says don't bother you still haven't done so many things back home like learning to drive or crashing out for a few solid months/year/. In addition its probably the journey to work. It'll be somewhere far far away that would make journeying to london back and forth a nightmare.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.