GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which way will it spin"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/08/00 at 11:52
Regular
In the console market there are two types of consumer ,they are the hardcore gamer who takes a keen interest in the gaming world and plays alot of games and then there is a gamer who does not really care what goes on ,they are in it for the fun.This factor comes into play now we are in the next generation of hardware as the consumer has a very important role in what is the best console.The playstation 2 is well supported by all kinds of developers and in a years time will have a good range of games,but down to its poor software line up at the momment it will not be as succesful as the very popular Playstation,the old does not reflect the new,the playstation is easy to develop for but the psx2 isn't,the old has a vast range of quality software,the psx2 doesn't but the main advantage of the psx2 has is the dvd player built in which is going to be a major selling point for Sony,the console at the momment is overpriced but it doesn't stop it being great which it is but it has still yet to impress.The gamers who are looking for great titles should go to the Dreamcast whivh though is not the most powerful has the greatest titles,you could use the example of the N64 and the playstation,look who had the least powerful hardware and look who won.With titles like Half Life and Shenmue it is hard to see it fail.The main advantage of the DReamcast is the modem and the advantage of online gaming which has just tooken off with the superb and FREE chu chu rocket and up coming titles like Quake 3 and Phantasy Star Online,the imagination runs wild with the prospect of Quake 3 online as for the upcoming Nintendo console little is known and the unvailing is due at the games convention Space World,but to think that Zelda will be appearing in the future is a mouth watering prospect as well as the sequel to Perfect Dark,then there is the X Box,which is an oddball because we know it is a great console with super specs but backed by Microsoft who are new to the console market you have to wonder what will happen to this box of tricks,what I do know is that gamers are going to be the happiest people around because this year is going to be the best yet without a doubt.
Tue 15/08/00 at 11:52
In the console market there are two types of consumer ,they are the hardcore gamer who takes a keen interest in the gaming world and plays alot of games and then there is a gamer who does not really care what goes on ,they are in it for the fun.This factor comes into play now we are in the next generation of hardware as the consumer has a very important role in what is the best console.The playstation 2 is well supported by all kinds of developers and in a years time will have a good range of games,but down to its poor software line up at the momment it will not be as succesful as the very popular Playstation,the old does not reflect the new,the playstation is easy to develop for but the psx2 isn't,the old has a vast range of quality software,the psx2 doesn't but the main advantage of the psx2 has is the dvd player built in which is going to be a major selling point for Sony,the console at the momment is overpriced but it doesn't stop it being great which it is but it has still yet to impress.The gamers who are looking for great titles should go to the Dreamcast whivh though is not the most powerful has the greatest titles,you could use the example of the N64 and the playstation,look who had the least powerful hardware and look who won.With titles like Half Life and Shenmue it is hard to see it fail.The main advantage of the DReamcast is the modem and the advantage of online gaming which has just tooken off with the superb and FREE chu chu rocket and up coming titles like Quake 3 and Phantasy Star Online,the imagination runs wild with the prospect of Quake 3 online as for the upcoming Nintendo console little is known and the unvailing is due at the games convention Space World,but to think that Zelda will be appearing in the future is a mouth watering prospect as well as the sequel to Perfect Dark,then there is the X Box,which is an oddball because we know it is a great console with super specs but backed by Microsoft who are new to the console market you have to wonder what will happen to this box of tricks,what I do know is that gamers are going to be the happiest people around because this year is going to be the best yet without a doubt.
Tue 15/08/00 at 17:35
Regular
You are babbling Barber. This message is the same as about 10 others which arn't worth reading as they all say the same thing and are just pieces of news which we already know stapled together. Will you please print something imaginative and interesting.
Tue 15/08/00 at 21:05
Well it's Babbling and being unimaginative that won him a prize! Well done Barber!
Wed 16/08/00 at 16:06
Thank you for sticking up for me,Nice One
Wed 16/08/00 at 17:14
YEAH. thankyou for sticking up with my step - dad.....
Wed 16/08/00 at 20:54
Always happy to help! *bows*
Thu 17/08/00 at 18:05
As you may or may not be aware,opinoin can not be wrong,only facts can be disbuted.Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,and while their aoguments can be questioned they can never be wrong.
Thu 17/08/00 at 18:15
You sound like the President in Independance Day giving a speech. " We are entilted to our own views." By the way, how is the EMinem CD.
Sat 19/08/00 at 17:26
And the winner of the 'longest sentence in the history of the universe' prize goes to...
J.Barber!!!!!
All this, and a free game to boot. Didn't he do well?
Sun 20/08/00 at 18:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't get the point in your short and pointless "witty" comments, your just talking CR@P!! I agree with all the people that dissagreed with you, what you said about the ps2 is really bad, most of your info is really old. The ps2 has been remade, US and europe owners will have a better system, one vital detail, which is the video chip, so games are now much easier to make for it now. And what was all that rubbish about the old does not reflect the new, so what your saying is that the millions of people that have ordered their ps2 has absolutly nothing to do with the success of the original playstation! I think tha majority of people reading this will agree that what you saids not true. But you got one thing right, the first year of games will not be all that good, I played tekken Tag in my old but new games store the other day, and found out that the only difference between this game and Tekken 3 is that you can switch between 2 people whenever you like during a battle, and you can play as a fat sumo wrestler!! that spells cr@p out to me, but then I don't like Sony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.