GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution Soccer: It's like being a kid again!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/11/01 at 09:46
Regular
With the exception of Edge Magazine, I don’t really read hard-copy publications anymore due to the reasoning that the Internet has much more to offer in that department.

But, whilst browsing through Woolworth’s vast selection of reading material, I came across PSM2. I was intrigued by the Pro Evolution coverage that was advertised on the front, so I took it to the cashier, paid for it and walked out.

Got home and had a little flick through, didn’t really read too much into it – until this morning on the train to work.

I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a game in a long time, well not since I was a kid anyway. I read the review, taking in every intricate detail mentioned in the review. I just think the idea of building your team of nobodies to a Championship Winning Team is an incentive in itself to buy this, but coupled with the sheer genius that goes into the Evolution series, you’ve got a potential classic sitting there.

I would imagine this will be the game this Christmas that will shift quite a few copies of the shelves, although I believe Smackdown 3 will out-sell everything this holiday season.

In any case, bring on Pro Evolution Soccer. I suppose I can rest in the knowledge that I could be playing it before the 23rd, since my kind importers have a nice tendency of releasing Friday’s games a good few days before.
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:07
yea if the fifa games were as good as say the madden, nhl or nba live series and represented the sport involved like those games do then fifa would actually be worth buying
Mon 12/11/01 at 20:05
Have you all heard about the (new meeting at 6.00pm)every night, and if you can, be there! It'll be real great fun, every night!

thank you all,
Triggered.
P.S (six pm, every nite!)
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:42
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
you seen the player *likenesses* in fifa
> 2002 lmao man barthez looks more like stam. they must have thought *oh stams
> gone to lazio ah well why waste a perfectly good model of a player hey barthez
> is bald isn't he. success*

LOL, good one mate. :) Its true though sometimes it seems that EA just cannot be bothered to make the FIFA series any better. I just played FIFA 2000 earlier on followed by ISS Pro Evo 1. Gosh, what a difference......
And the funniest thing is that all other EA games are brilliant. SSX is one of the best games out there and SSX Tricky is going to be even better and other titles like NHL 2002 are very good examples of entertaining games.
Mon 12/11/01 at 12:56
The official Playstation 2 magazine says that pro evo is released on Nov 16th. I was led to believe it was out on 23rd

Any comments
Mon 12/11/01 at 11:17
ain't really bothered if pro evo does beat fifa in the charts i'll have my copy of pro evo and that's all that matters. you seen the player *likenesses* in fifa 2002 lmao man barthez looks more like stam. they must have thought *oh stams gone to lazio ah well why waste a perfectly good model of a player hey barthez is bald isn't he. success* man pro evo is the god but still people think having the slovakian league makes it better. ah well more fool them
Sat 10/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Good, as long as Pro Evo beats everything EA from now on my life will be complete. :D
Sat 10/11/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
Its not on for that long - They show a bit of in game footage of David Beckham I believe and have quite a few comments from mags, such as 'the best footy game ever made' - Its better than the poor FIFA advert put it that way!!

Finaly there is justice in the world!!
Sat 10/11/01 at 18:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
What was the addvert like? I aint seen any yet.

I just hope that there better than the crap that EA have been showing for Fifa.
Sat 10/11/01 at 13:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
At last recognition!! Just saw an advert on TV for Pro Evolution Soccer!!
Sat 10/11/01 at 12:50
Regular
i dunno. They should give up....as should Army men games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.