GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eh? Paper Mario GC?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Paper Mario 2'.
Thu 15/05/03 at 11:23
Regular
Paper Mario GC out here Q1 2004. According to Nintendo's EU release list. Possibly the sequel to the rather similarily titled N64 Game?

I doubt this is Mario 128 (of which we've heard nothing, which is a little dissapointin seeing as it's supposed to be out by Xmas is Japan..)
Sat 17/05/03 at 19:18
Regular
My last post was supposed to be four years.

That would actually make sense.

BUt I don't know what I've to work out
Sat 17/05/03 at 19:14
Regular
I always wondered that... he said Mario Sunshine was in development for just over a year and a half... yet Mario 64 2 was first confirmed by him in an interview in the spring of 1999.

Work it out.
Sat 17/05/03 at 19:13
Regular
And it's been in production for nearly for years I think, a lot longer than Sunshine was...
Sat 17/05/03 at 19:11
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Oh, come on, we all know Mario 128 is in the works. Why wouldn't
> shigsy make another mario platformer???

He said it was the more advanced sequel to Mario 64 as opposed to the awesome Sunshine. So its a Mario 64 sequel not a Paper Mario sequel (or re-make).
Sat 17/05/03 at 11:08
Regular
Oh, come on, we all know Mario 128 is in the works. Why wouldn't shigsy make another mario platformer???
Sat 17/05/03 at 00:35
Regular
TÞhi wrote:
> If its a Paper Mario game it can't be Mario 128.
> Mario 128 = Platformer
> Paper Mario = RPG.
>
> But saying that, we havent heard anything of 128, and it being out
> just after xmas fits well with the pre xmas jap release of 128.

Big Japanese game release?

Wait till Spaceworld... if its on... if it isn't... I'd worry about Mario 128.
Fri 16/05/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Omnipresent"
The game wasn't difficult BUT, I rushed and didn't build up Mario. Now I'm facing a tough final boss (who keeps replenishing his health) with an under-powered hero. Any ideas? I left it a while ago, but if anyone knows a good tactic to defeat Bowser, I'll bring my N64 out.
Fri 16/05/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'll be dissapointed to see this game as a simple port of the N64-classic Paper Mario - just because I've already got this game.
Although, it would be nice to see others given more of a chance to play this game that was actually quite hard to find, on the N64.

I'd much rather prefer to see a third "Mario RPG" game - and that's an idea I picked-up on sometime last year.

I very much doubt this will be "Mario 128", though!
Fri 16/05/03 at 10:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
If its a Paper Mario game it can't be Mario 128.
Mario 128 = Platformer
Paper Mario = RPG.

But saying that, we havent heard anything of 128, and it being out just after xmas fits well with the pre xmas jap release of 128.

Confused. I don't think Ninty has said anything about either of the games at E3 :S
Thu 15/05/03 at 22:24
Regular
Paper Mario rules... even if this turns out to be Mario 128 I wouldn't care...

the third in the RPG series?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.