GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A game for RPG Lovers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
Unlimited Saga is a game that OPS2 is calling possiblily the hardest game ever. The newly formed Square Enix are referring to it as 'an incredibly sophisticated RPG'.

The game is about seven characters, each with a different quest. This quest centres around finding the seven wonders of the world. Apparently each characters quest is 50-100 hours of gameplay so it could take 600-700 hours to complete. This game is definatly only for true gamers from what i have read. Sadly there is no mention of a release whatsoever, dont even know if its out in Japan yet. But it is definatly one that RPG fanatics should look out for.

Information taken from the June edition of OPS2 pg 22
Thu 15/05/03 at 20:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well, tell a lie, around thierty hours was getting to the last boss. I don't think I had knights of the round then. And I hadn't beaten Emerald or Ruby.

But I do have saves with all these things done at not much more time, in fact it might be less.

Oh, and it was my first RPG as well.
Thu 15/05/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Is this a sequel to the Saga Frontier series by any chance? It sounds like it has the same concept of completing different scenarios for the characters.
Thu 15/05/03 at 20:08
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Blank wrote:
> But it's a sequel isn't it? Might put me off a bit.
>
> Plus they always overdo the estimated game times. FF7 was supposedly
> 100 hours of gameplay, I did it in a little over 30 on my first go.
>
> But if it is: a) good and b) long then I will enjoy it immensely.

Dunno if it is sequel.

And i know they overdo the estimated times but 30 hours is damn quick for your first go unless you went straight through the game without doing any extras even then im sure it would be hard to complete it that quick. On my first go it took me about 80 hours that is because it was my first RPG and i did as many of the side quests as i could, However i never beat Emerald or Ruby weapon because they were too hard for me and im sure beating them would take a few hours perparation.
Thu 15/05/03 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Typical. First news of what might be a really hard RPG, and they slide it in opposite to some breasts. No one's going to see it now.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:39
"period drama"
Yar.
'Tis in Play as well (got it this morning).
A real old fashioned hardcore RPG - loads of character development, dungeons, immersive plot.
Could be brilliant.
*Hopes*
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If they can keep you immersed and fully involved, that would be incredible.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But it's a sequel isn't it? Might put me off a bit.

Plus they always overdo the estimated game times. FF7 was supposedly 100 hours of gameplay, I did it in a little over 30 on my first go.

But if it is: a) good and b) long then I will enjoy it immensely.
Thu 15/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Unlimited Saga is a game that OPS2 is calling possiblily the hardest game ever. The newly formed Square Enix are referring to it as 'an incredibly sophisticated RPG'.

The game is about seven characters, each with a different quest. This quest centres around finding the seven wonders of the world. Apparently each characters quest is 50-100 hours of gameplay so it could take 600-700 hours to complete. This game is definatly only for true gamers from what i have read. Sadly there is no mention of a release whatsoever, dont even know if its out in Japan yet. But it is definatly one that RPG fanatics should look out for.

Information taken from the June edition of OPS2 pg 22

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.