GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"URGENT: Flash help needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 18:55
Regular
For my second coursework in my flash course, I need to make space invaders. Quite simple apart from one thing, the buildings. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make the buildings be damaged gradually where they are hit, the same as the original game??
Thu 15/11/01 at 01:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
:-D
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:50
Regular
Turbo, you silly boy.........
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It was YOU! I thought I could smell something! Get out of our nice clean forum you filthy Scotsman!
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:30
Regular
I'd already started on the buildings, I sussed it eventually. Cheers anyway guys, oh, btw, I've made Pong for when SR decide to start doing Flash games.

:D
Tue 13/11/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I would do pretty much the same a Tyla.

Make a building movie clip. Get as much of it as you can into the top layer spread out over 5 frames. Then, on each of other other frames, just have little bits of the building removed/altered. After that all you have to do is advance the movie frame each time.
Tue 13/11/01 at 13:00
Regular
""
Oooo, like it. Now this man understands coding in the real world. Perhaps some of you other gimps should take note and listen to this man and stop squabbling about whos pictures are the prettiest.

Anyone can get code working. It takes someone with more understanding to get it working so that it's actually usable.
Tue 13/11/01 at 08:07
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
You could also obtain the same effect buy dividing the building into sections for the demolition and do the variable trick to replace the sections as you go... this will have a lower bandwidth and reduce you load on the stream!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 11:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
have say, 5 images of the building, and number them 1 to 5. Then have for each impact the building takes, a variable is reduced by 1, and the building image relating to that number replaces the one that was there.

perhaps...
Wed 07/11/01 at 18:55
Regular
For my second coursework in my flash course, I need to make space invaders. Quite simple apart from one thing, the buildings. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make the buildings be damaged gradually where they are hit, the same as the original game??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.