GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dream Card"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/04/07 at 00:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
After some bitching about the Wrestlemania card and Congs comments in the Cop Pon, i thought i'd create something in here. God knows no-one else is going to, and so here it is. I'm not going to explain it, 8 matches, anyone living or dead from any promotion is an option, no-one can be used more than once on the card (I may bend on this rule depending on opinion). I can understand that including a womens match but disgust some of you but as i'm sure you're aware, i dont care.

1 Match 1 - Tag Team Match
2 Match 2 - Womens Match
3 Match 3 - MITB Match (Up to 8 participants)
4 Match 4 - Your choice
5 Match 5 - Your choice
6 Match 6 - Your choice
7 Match 7 - Your choice
8 Match 8 - Your choice
Thu 26/04/07 at 20:08
Regular
"..."
Although...on the plus side WSX (now on MTV UK) has kept me entertained, albeit for all the wrong reasons.
Thu 26/04/07 at 18:06
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
I know how you feel Cong, I was there a few months back and I'll probably be there again sooner rather than later...
Thu 26/04/07 at 06:56
Regular
"..."
Fair points Shoobers. I guess I've just been so worn down by so much dross for so long that I'm struggling to find the motivation to even watch wrestling these days.
Wed 25/04/07 at 22:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Manami Toyota vs Gail Kim in a 3 hour iron lady match reffed by me :-D
Wed 25/04/07 at 22:23
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Cong Man wrote:
> The Wrestling industry is in the toilet. WWE has been
> consistantly awful for about 10 years now, TNA ruined all their
> good work by hiring Russo. ROH has lost all it's top stars
> and CZW still can't book a show which makes sense from one month
> to the next.
>
> *Sigh*

I accept your points about the decline in quality in the various promotions lately, but as far as the industry being in the toilet, I disagree. Granted, 10 years ago Pro Wrestling was in it's boom period, and for a variety of reasons the quality of wrestling on TV and PPV was far superior to the modern day debacle. I think the industry has been in a worse state previously(2002), but that isn't really the point; modern day wrestling has been quite entertaining(albeit in small doses, sometimes buried in all the crap) sporadically in all the promotions you mentioned except for CZW which I don't watch. WWE is always an easy target for criticism and rightfully so with jokers like Lashley and Batista in the main event. That being said, i'd like to praise(shock) WWE for the solid 60 minute match on this weeks raw, MVP vs Benoit a few weeks back on Smackdown and generally solid Punk/Burke booking in ECW.
ROH still consistantly puts on great shows with quality 4 star matches even without their bigger names, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. TNA, well TNA is pretty much in the toilet right now except for every segment featuring Christian.

So....I'm aware that I am rather cynical at times, so I thought I'd raise the positive points for a change.
Wed 25/04/07 at 19:36
Regular
"..."
I think the reason no-one cares is the same reason that no-one is posting about wrestling at all...

The Wrestling industry is in the toilet. WWE has been consistantly awful for about 10 years now, TNA ruined all their good work by hiring Russo. ROH has lost all it's top stars and CZW still can't book a show which makes sense from one month to the next.

*Sigh*
Wed 25/04/07 at 18:56
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
I think the reason nobody has replied is that they simply don't care. As far as I'm concerned, compiling a "Dream Card" is quite irrelevant, as it's exactly that, just a frivolous dream. Yeah, of course I'd love to see Curt Hennig in his prime against Chris Benoit etc, but there's no way I could compile a card of my dream matches, since there are far more than just eight of them(and eight matches for a three hour PPV is far too much)

Anyway, my point is I'll gladly discuss every facet of Pro Wrestling with you, for example; the state of the industry, any promotion's current direction, Monday's Raw(which took the format being used for the past ten years and threw it out the window) etc.
Wed 25/04/07 at 18:13
Regular
You left me too much choice.
Tue 24/04/07 at 22:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I said i didnt care if you complained about the womens match.
Tue 24/04/07 at 21:39
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Thought you said you didn't care?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.