GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence good or bad?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/11/01 at 00:06
Regular
Everyone everywhere says everyday violence is wrong. Dont touch that, dont hit him, dont throw that thing across the room for the love of sweet mary.......

We so often hear the negative about violence. Yet everything has a good side. Think about it. Men need violence. Seen fight club? A real man cant help but dream of just being in that club. Being allowed to express all the frustration, anger and anxiety that he feels in a few quick punches. We (men) were designed to be violent. The trick is control. i would NEVER condone the use of violence on innocent people, but i do think that you should be allowed to fight people who agree to fight you, and take revenge on people who wrong you. (not fatal revenge of course)

Ever wondered why wrestling is so popular? Simple, it condones violence. Every kid with an IQ over 20 knows its a fake a Bill Gates conscience, but they love it. The reason is, when a male reaches puberty, they wanna break stuff. They wanna hit people. And most of them know control. They will take ANY chance to express this urge in an acceptable way, even if it means apeing the two sweaty men grasping each other on tv.
Dragon ball Z is also popular, because everyone just goes pyscho and flies around flinging exploding balls of colourful energy at each other. The martial arts theme is just an excuse for some fun violence. And it is sorely needed.

Everyday I wonder if i could punch a hole in my wooden door if i punched it hard enough. I dream of being allowed to try. 'Why? what is the point of destruction?' i hear some of you cry. I'll tell you.

When these natural emotions and hormones are repressed, some can handle it but alot cant keep the lid on forever. Road rage, Gang wars and after school beatings are all what happens when you try and stick something like this in a small bottle for too long. Men need an outlet. Im not talkin wussy football or basketball here. Only contact sports or being allowed a special room where you could smash EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING.

Hunting is no longer nessary or moral, neither is war. 40 thousand years of evolution cannot be supresses by societies unquenchable thirst for a perfect utopia of peace.
Its a fine idea, but a few simple facts like my point here need to remebered, or the cost will be great.

Of course, there are exceptions to this general rule of 'men need violence'. Some men are truly peaceful, and need no outlet for this excess aggression. some women could beat the crap outta most men, and desperatly want to.
However, 50% of the population (1% female) need a way to let this energy out. Please let them.
Mon 28/06/10 at 14:54
Evenin...........

The last Weds night ride should be:

It is now Monday 6/28/2010 at 2:41:18 PM
Event: Last Weds Night Ride 2010
Scheduled For 9/15/2010 05:45 PM
2 months 17 days 3 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds or
11 weekends or
79 days or
1,899 hours (1,266 waking hours) or
113,943 minutes or
6,836,621 seconds

So....... we've got 12 more rides in daylight ;-)
After that, it's back to the Lupines & Hopes lol
Tue 08/01/02 at 01:23
Regular
"That's right!"
Despite what parents/teachers etc say, some situations are best solved with violence. It's up to you as a human being to decide if each situation warrents the use of force or not. I think we deserve that right
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:22
I don't condone or see why people, men in particular, "need" to fight or indulge in violence. Sure, movies e.t.c are different as they are fantasy, not real. But in real life ? "needing" to be violent when you feel you should be is unacceptable. The idea that a "real man" would dream of being in Fight Club is absurd and stereotyped. It would however decrease the number of people interested in this kind of violence so maybe it wouldnt be all bad...

But....and there is always a but.... the general attitude towards violence in any form is getting ridiculous in Western culture. If it was left to a vocal minority then Britain would get rid of its entire armed forces and police and we'd all sit back and live happily ever after...I think not ! Violence is sometimes necessary, and if used precisely can prevent more violence. In the wake of September 11th it became known the PResident Clinton had wanted Bin Laden assasinated, as Bush had wanted Saddam killed, but US policy said it could not happen. It was considered too "dirty". IT may come as a surprise but there is a large portion of the world which isn't afraid to be violent towards the west and if the general tolerance of violence becomes low then its going to be a dark world.
Fri 04/01/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
To the original point...

I believe violence is wrong and is not the answer to solve matters...

Sheepy: Pacifist (at heart)

ALthough I could give exceptions so I could punch some people I hate non-stop.
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:25
Regular
"es argh"
No Edwin27, I got banned and didn't win a GAD (I was Nick1) whilst you won a GAD and got banned and cannot claim it so HA.
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:33
I can assure you i did not spam.

The funniest thing is that someone who slagged me off for being banned got banned themselves. (cough nick 1 cough)

Sometimes life is good.
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:56
*spamming
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:56
HAHA
but seriously it's his own fault for apmming/swearing
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:41
Why'd he get banned. The funny thing is that this won a GAD but he can't claim it :D
Sun 18/11/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
who the hell is ted nurgent?

will anyone ever post a sane reply to this topic?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.