GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube to be all hype but fail like N64 and lose out to ps2?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/11/01 at 18:49
Regular
Gamecube has alot of potential with its gr8 graphics power and a good set of games lined up. But I have this gut feeling that it will fail to overcome ps2. One reason is that playstation. has earnt the respect of quality games, and no matter how bad the games are, people will still buy them becasue it's Playstation. what do u guys think?
Mon 12/11/01 at 20:28
The N64 did not fail. Okay, so it wasn't as popular as the Playstation but 10% of all the gamers (that's the bit that contains the good gamers) got a N64. The other 90% (the bit with the bad gamers in it) got a playstation. 0.000001% got a Dreamcast but I'm not saying what that bit contains, there could be little kids on this site...
Wed 07/11/01 at 19:15
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The reason why Nintendo have got into difficulties is because they take so long. Playstation managed to get 90% (official figures) of the gaming market because they where there first. Nintendo didn’t pull their finger out, they waited till after the market was full. And they are doing it again. Also look at the amount of advertising Nintendo do compared with the other companies, no matter what anyone says advertising does have an effect! Also Playstation managed to get an image fi itself, because it had CD's. This was hip, modern and appealing to the teenager (the main target audience). Lets just hope Nintendo will get their image and timing right next time!

The only reason X-Box is going to do OK is because its spec and advertising campaign (millions of &'s). But I think the GC is still going to be the best out there, so all go forward a buy. Buy the Gamecube.
Wed 07/11/01 at 18:12
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
Playstation also rip there
> Customers off, "hey now you have 2 pads, want a 3rd? soz m8...now you need
> to buy a muti-tap

For a starter its sony that make playstation, they dont make themselves, so u should have said Sony rip their customers off- but they dont.

A couple of years a go it would have cost about £60 for 4 PS pads & a multitap, but N64 pads were about £16 each. Also, PS games ranged from £10-£40, whearas N64 cost about £20-£55. Now they are both cheap- but that is only because of the new consoles.
Mon 05/11/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
playstation never have a good line of games set up, Every month they get 30 games (j/k) and around about 1 or 2 of them are Ok...or good, i mean there are good games e.g Smackdown!. MGS which i did like, Playstation also rip there Customers off, "hey now you have 2 pads, want a 3rd? soz m8...now you need to buy a muti-tap". playstation has a image...a image which i want...Cool...smooth...and more teenage and adult while nintendo some reason will always go for the kiddish look. Sometimes i don't understand my m8...Who bought a playstation.....I Agree in terms of the Question though :)
Mon 05/11/01 at 20:17
Edgy wrote:
> It used to be like that for Nintendo.

thats true i agree. but will nintendo win back their respect???
Mon 05/11/01 at 19:18
Regular
It used to be like that for Nintendo.
Mon 05/11/01 at 18:49
Gamecube has alot of potential with its gr8 graphics power and a good set of games lined up. But I have this gut feeling that it will fail to overcome ps2. One reason is that playstation. has earnt the respect of quality games, and no matter how bad the games are, people will still buy them becasue it's Playstation. what do u guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.