GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Panasonic DVD GC will not be released in UK (or US)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/11/01 at 13:31
Regular
this is a Japan model only

Panasonic has revealed that currently it has no plans to release its licensed GameCube-DVD hybrid in North America. The unit, which has a metallic casing, will be released in Japan on December 14 for a suggested retail price of $325, but according to a Panasonic spokesperson, the product will not be released outside of Japan. "It's simply a Japan device," Panasonic spokesperson Kurt Praschak told Reuters. "Right now there are absolutely no plans for US marketing."
Mon 05/11/01 at 13:31
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
this is a Japan model only

Panasonic has revealed that currently it has no plans to release its licensed GameCube-DVD hybrid in North America. The unit, which has a metallic casing, will be released in Japan on December 14 for a suggested retail price of $325, but according to a Panasonic spokesperson, the product will not be released outside of Japan. "It's simply a Japan device," Panasonic spokesperson Kurt Praschak told Reuters. "Right now there are absolutely no plans for US marketing."
Mon 05/11/01 at 14:08
Regular
"not dead"
I've already got a DVD player, and thought it looked ugly anyway. ;-)
Mon 05/11/01 at 14:11
Regular
"DS..."
anyway why do you think they called it the gamecube? cos it plays games! if you wan't a DVD player, buy a DVD player, but if you wan't the best games in the world buy a gamecube!at least nintendo did'nt name panasonics cube for them or it might of been called the "Gamedvdplayingcubedevice" now theres a scary thought!
slik ~_~
Mon 05/11/01 at 18:01
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
It's really disapointing that it wont be released in the UK.
Mon 05/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
LOL! This news is almost as old as Matsushita's GameCube itself!

Nintendo have said all along that they wont be releasing Panasonics version in the UK!
Mon 05/11/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
to be honest...i've never seen the thing itself :(
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I think the Panasonic DVD GC looks quite cool!

I wouldn't have minded getting one if they were gonna come out in the UK, but as there not i'm just gonna have to stick to the bog standard GC! Not that i'm that bothered mind! Just cos it doesn't play DVD's, doesn't mean that it's not gonna be the best console on the block!

:)
Thu 24/06/10 at 13:28
Regular
Ready to save the world

- partie 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJ4AIoh2DQ
- partie 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfW68Cb7bU

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.