GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need for Speed Hot Pursuit"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need for speed: Hot pursuit 2'.
Mon 21/06/10 at 15:19
"possibly impossible"
This is one of my picks of E3, the new Criterion game looks stunning. Looking like a cross between the original Hot Pursuit idea of big cop chases with high speed cars and the open world online approach of Burnout Paradise.

I think unless something goes drastically wrong between now and the release I'm going to be getting this.
Tue 22/06/10 at 17:08
Regular
"Mooching around"
It could be nice if they could mesh it with some of the concepts in Split/Second, i.e. set power plays like police throwing out spike strips or calling in for a road block.
Tue 22/06/10 at 13:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, the cop is chasing down the racer in NFS. The cop and racer have certain perks that can help to slow the racer down or help the racer get away. Stuff like a helicopter dropping a spike strip or the racer can send out a decoy signal to confuse the cop.

As I said though, there needs to be more to it but it is a nice start.
Tue 22/06/10 at 11:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
Ahhh, that was a concept pretty much exactly reused in Burnout 2 then.

As I recall, it worked very well and offered a nice tempo change in the game.

You say they're brining it back for this NFS? I can't wait :)
Tue 22/06/10 at 09:24
Regular
"And in last place.."
This was one of the stand out games for me, especially with the Burnout guys behind it.

And Chase HQ was a classic. It's criminal that Taito never put that onto their compilation packs on the PS2.
Mon 21/06/10 at 18:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Basically, you were in a cop car and you had to chase down and hit the criminals car until it was damaged enough for it to pull over, all within a time limit. It was a fairly simple premise.
Mon 21/06/10 at 18:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
Chase HQ? That was way before my time, in fact, it was released a year before I was born!

How did it work?
Mon 21/06/10 at 16:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think it has been mentioned before but Hot Pursuit has a Chase HQ feel from what I've seen. It probably needs to do more than that to work but it is a promising start.
Mon 21/06/10 at 15:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Looks like we're on very similar wavelengths, I've missed most of the NFS games since Most Wanted and, like you, will almost certainly be getting this game.

Can't wait to have a Murcielago being chased by Veyron decked out with flashy lights and sirens whilst the overhead chopper throws out all it can!
Mon 21/06/10 at 15:19
"possibly impossible"
This is one of my picks of E3, the new Criterion game looks stunning. Looking like a cross between the original Hot Pursuit idea of big cop chases with high speed cars and the open world online approach of Burnout Paradise.

I think unless something goes drastically wrong between now and the release I'm going to be getting this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.