GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My views of Zelda.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:08
Regular
So I finally got round to finishing Zelda-The Wind Waker. Exams meant that I had to take my time playing through and I must admit I enjoed most of the game.

I haven't played a zelda game since the SNES and along with Mario Kart it was the only game that made me get one in the first place.
Anyway with Wind Waker I was pleased with the game, surprised in a way that the Cel Shaded graphics didn't let the game down at all and in a special way maybe made it better.

Felt that some parts where repetitive, like the fish reading the maps and having to go back to places a pointless times.

But that was just the one minor thing that maybe let the game down a little.

Now time to experience the bonus disk. Just hope there is more games like this to add to my collection in the future.
Mon 19/05/03 at 14:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Aha. The bonus disc.

Have fun my friend.

One of the best games ever.
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:16
Regular
If you think the game's short then you obvioulsy only scratched the surface of the game.

Sure youcould probably get through the main quest in a weekend of solid play if you really wanted too. But there's litterally hours and hours of extra quests too go on and secrets to find.

I've had it since 2 days before the official release day and I'm still going strong. I've had at least 60 hours out of it, probably more.
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:13
Regular
I found Zelda: Wind Waker far to short and far to easy. I think Nintendo are pushing the games they produce out faster than they normally would because of the low sales. If you think about Wind Waker most of it is just sailing even if you have the warp meldody.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:23
Regular
Mr. Link wrote:
> i found that the cel shaded graphics were unnoticable when engulfed in
> the gameplay but the ship sailing was probably the worst part i found
> other than trying to kill the god in the cyclone that came down to
> trigger happy archery in the end it was mainly luck

Funny, I managed to hit that wind god dude every time with my arrows.

Luck wasn't a part of it.
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:43
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i liked the fish-bait-map things.....the noise they make is great..'shkay!'.or summat like that
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:36
Regular
i found that the cel shaded graphics were unnoticable when engulfed in the gameplay but the ship sailing was probably the worst part i found other than trying to kill the god in the cyclone that came down to trigger happy archery in the end it was mainly luck
the bonus discs are amazing although you cannot use them on a portable screen as they only run in 60Hz mode which is a bit crap but they are well worth it like the classic playthrough of ocarina
although master quest ios absolutely solid i cant do it to save my life i keep gettin stuc every 5mins
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:34
Regular
i found that the cel shaded graphics were unnoticable when engulfed in the gameplay but the ship sailing was probably the worst part i found other than trying to kill the god in the cyclone that came down to trigger happy archery in the end it was mainly luck
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
So I finally got round to finishing Zelda-The Wind Waker. Exams meant that I had to take my time playing through and I must admit I enjoed most of the game.

I haven't played a zelda game since the SNES and along with Mario Kart it was the only game that made me get one in the first place.
Anyway with Wind Waker I was pleased with the game, surprised in a way that the Cel Shaded graphics didn't let the game down at all and in a special way maybe made it better.

Felt that some parts where repetitive, like the fish reading the maps and having to go back to places a pointless times.

But that was just the one minor thing that maybe let the game down a little.

Now time to experience the bonus disk. Just hope there is more games like this to add to my collection in the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.