GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Matrix game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:32
Regular
Was wandering around shops before I came home today and seen a demo of this running. Looked ok but I guess the element of running along walls could wear out after a while.

So who has got the game? Whats it like and is it a game worth owning?

Also if it is worth getting what console is it best on? PC, PS2 or gamecube (No fanboy comments please just honset views..)

Thanks if you have info.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Was wandering around shops before I came home today and seen a demo of this running. Looked ok but I guess the element of running along walls could wear out after a while.

So who has got the game? Whats it like and is it a game worth owning?

Also if it is worth getting what console is it best on? PC, PS2 or gamecube (No fanboy comments please just honset views..)

Thanks if you have info.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
GC

Because it has better graphics than the PS2 version and PC controls aren't as good for these types of games.

Although I would advise spending your money on something decent, like 40 Kinder Surprise or something.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you want that many Kinder Suprise, buy them in bulk. You can get a big box of them for about £20.
Mon 19/05/03 at 15:58
Regular
It's on XBOX too you know.

-slap-
Mon 19/05/03 at 16:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He probs doesn't have an X box.
Think about it.
Mon 19/05/03 at 16:06
Regular
Then he deserves a second slap.

-slap-
Mon 19/05/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> GC
>
> Because it has better graphics than the PS2 version and PC controls
> aren't as good for these types of games.
---

Balls.
I've got the PC version and it's good fun.
Controls aren't as good?
W,S,A,D (usual PC combo), shift for focus,space to jump.
You can't strafe easily with a pad.
And PC graphics owns console
Mon 19/05/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I've got the X box version.

Within Five minutes I thought what a load of tosh, the Graphics aren't anything to shout about, bullet time has been done before, the frame rate can be jerky and the AI is crap.

But then I started pulling off some decent moves in 'focus'. And enjoyed it, there's no doubting the 'cool' element of the game is keeping me play it.

I've completed it on easy (both characters) and normal (niobe), and its not that long, about 7 hours for each character The driving and shooting parts are crap, but the bulk of the game is alright.

But its the Matrix, and it feels like the matrix, so I would recommend it.
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Slaphappy wrote:
> Then he deserves a second slap.
>
> -slap-

If I could afford one I would get one, but I can't so I don't have one. Not really bothered about not having one either.

Maybe wont get this. Vietcong should be here soon and I still have exams to sit.
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm enjoying it immensely so far. I'm a few hours into it and so far I've run up walls and kicked people's heads in, cartwheeled across an airport lounge avoiding bullets, stabbed people with a wooden stake, taken out an aeroplane's front wheel with a sniper rifle, stalked some Feds in a sewer, protected some Logo pilots with guns, sat out a car window and blown up police cars with a rifle and much more.

It's not the greatest game ever, but I'm enjoying it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.