GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Price Drop?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
Is there going to be one soon like most analysts predicted? I know they announced a U.S. price drop (which MicroSoft matched a couple of days later), but how about the U.K.?

(Reason I ask is I'm getting a second PS2 for a mate and want to take advantage of any reductions, trouble is he wants it NOW!).
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
They've got the latest PS2 models in at www.liksang.com. They're the same as ever, but have an infrared controller as standard (A small reciever sits below the power button). The new remote that comes with the console allows you to turn the console on and off and open / close the cd tray.
Not too sure what the point is though..... I suppose it brings it more in line with other DVD players.
You still have to get up and put a game in though, and the controllers are still connected as before. I don't see any major advantage and would get a cheaper old model over these.
Wed 21/05/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Complete Banker"
WickedWare wrote:
> Anyone hear about the laser skipping problems of the PS2?

No. I heard of a few problems, but nothing with the laser skipping. Mine's over 2 1/2 years old and still going strong.

I mite hold out for a bit until Sony update their old PS2 models.

I think they're on the 4th or 5th modification since the original Jap release....?
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:58
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Anyone hear about the laser skipping problems of the PS2? I mite hold out for a bit until Sony update their old PS2 models.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They're only dropping it to clear stock before a new model comes out.
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Complete Banker"
PS2 should be £129 from Friday.

No doubt Game et al will claim it's some sort of special offer.

Not that it makes a difference to me, I paid £299 for mine!
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yeah. I really doubt it though, i mean they have dropped it £10 that was ages ago. Before that they hardly dropped it. However, it is about time they did, so they might do.
Mon 19/05/03 at 20:27
Regular
Hopefully they will. That way Microsoft will want to match it and I can pick up an Xbox even cheaper.
Mon 19/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Is there going to be one soon like most analysts predicted? I know they announced a U.S. price drop (which MicroSoft matched a couple of days later), but how about the U.K.?

(Reason I ask is I'm getting a second PS2 for a mate and want to take advantage of any reductions, trouble is he wants it NOW!).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.