GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would YOU do for a gamecube?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/11/01 at 09:57
Regular
check this out, the winners of the "what would YOU do for a gamecube?" competition, enjoy!Topping off a month-long online contest asking contestants "What would YOU do for a Nintendo GameCube?", Nintendo awarded five of its most devoted fans a Nintendo GameCube(TM) before it hits stores on November 18. Corey Olcsvary beat out four other finalists from across the nation to become the contest's grand prize winner with the most creative and wacky stunt -- he became a human "Pikmin" character from the upcoming Nintendo GameCube Pikmin video game by shaving his head, donning a leaf, painting himself blue and munching on a bowl of "Pikmin food" including live worms and crickets. Fans submitted more than 17,000 entries to the "What would YOU do for a Nintendo GameCube?" contest through the newly launched official Nintendo GameCube Web site, NintendoGameCube.com. Olcsvary was awarded a Nintendo GameCube, a Game Boy Advance(TM), a video game software package and $5,000 in cash. Other finalists performed creative stunts at the event including:

- First runner up Jason Siler, age 26 from Illinois, proposed to his girlfriend dressed as Nintendo's Mario character while his girlfriend was wearing a Princess Peach costume.

- Second runners up Lizzy Joseph, age 16 from Arizona, ate a Nintendo GameCube-sized replica of uncooked Spam, cat food and chocolate syrup; and Matthew Knapp, age 16 from Wyoming, painted a Nintendo GameCube logo using only his tongue and various condiments.

- Fourth runner up Jeffrey Hildack, age 24 from New York, juggled several previous generation Nintendo game systems dressed as Mario while whistling the Mario theme.

slik ~_~
Tue 13/11/01 at 14:36
Regular
"DS..."
sorry about posting that twice, it's cos i'm at college and their so called "new setup" keep screwing things up!
slik ~_~
Tue 13/11/01 at 14:34
Regular
"DS..."
exactly, so i think my estimate is pretty near the truth, don't you?
slik ~_~
Tue 13/11/01 at 14:33
Regular
"DS..."
exactly, so i think my estimate is pretty near the truth, don't you?
slik ~_~
Tue 13/11/01 at 11:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Me thinks about £199.99 in the UK

I think it'd be around the £120 - £150 mark especially as you can import them for £120 at present. Turns out modding them is very simple too, all you need is a couple of screwdrivers, and A/B switch and 2 bits of wire!! US and JAP games on one console for less that £150... Nintendo would kill them selves off in Europe if they released it for anything higher!!
Tue 13/11/01 at 10:49
CVG did this for dreamcast and there were things like have a bath in the middle of town wearing a nappy and maggots in the bath
Tue 13/11/01 at 09:54
Regular
"DS..."
well i think i might get mine in whs as I allready have £10 off from when I bought my GBA! handy or what!
slik ~_~
Tue 13/11/01 at 09:51
Regular
Me thinks about £199.99 in the UK, the US though will probably get it for a about £10 or something stupidly low.
Tue 13/11/01 at 09:48
Regular
"DS..."
It will most probably be £149.99 or something along those lines.
slik ~_~
Mon 12/11/01 at 22:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
006½ wrote:
> I starting saving up money for a gamecube, i've got £80. How much will the
> gamecube cost? SR say £199 but electronics boutique say £129. i'm
> cofused....

I reckon a £199 RRP but you'll probably be able to get it for £180 if you shop round. I also think the RRP will go down to about £150-£170 by Xmas 2002.

Thank you for listening. (or indeed reading...)
Mon 12/11/01 at 21:32
Regular
Well my mum's gonna buy me one, so that's sorted then!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.