GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats your favorit game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/11/01 at 08:50
Regular
Whats your favorit game for:

1. PC?

2. Play Station?

3. Play Station 2?

4. Dream Cast?

5. Nintendo 64?

6. Game Boy?

7. Game Boy Advance?

8. X Box?
Sun 04/11/01 at 16:13
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
1. PC?
SimCity UK Edition 3000

2. Play Station?
Grand Theft Auto

3. Play Station 2?
Dunno

4. Dream Cast?
Dreamcast. It was a prize that I never recieved.

5. Nintendo 64?
Perfect Dark or Conkers BFD, can't decide.

6. Game Boy?
Perfect Dark

7. Game Boy Advance?
Kuru Kuru Kururin. It's better than it looks and sounds.

8. X Box?
Dunno
Sun 04/11/01 at 16:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
TORAX!!!! wrote:
> Whats your favorit game for:

1. PC? Dark Forces 2 Jedu Knight

2. Play Station? Metal Gear Solid

3. Play Station
> 2? Grand Theft Auto 3

4. Dream Cast? Shenmue

5. Nintendo 64? Zelda Ocarina of Time

6. Game Boy? Pokemon Yellow

7. Game Boy
> Advance? Mario Kart Super Circuit

8. X Box? At the moment Dead or Alive 3
Sun 04/11/01 at 12:11
Regular
Ignore the bit about "worst game" at the beginning of my last message
Sun 04/11/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
1. PC? - Half Life. An excellent blend of science fiction and action - the formula for the best PC game ever!

2. Play Station? - Final Fantasy 9. Addictive and engrossive gameplay make this not only the best Final Fantasy ever, not only the best RPG ever, but the best Playstation game ever!

3. Play Station 2? - Don't have a PS2 but I always liked Timesplitters (despite the slight fact that I've only seen a friend play it, not play it myself). It has gun-slinging first person action, which should be owned by any Shoot Em Up fan.

4. Dream Cast? - Shenmue. Despite being a litte easy and a little short, this game is nothing short of spectacular, with immersive gameplay and amazing graphics, that will suck in any RPG fan.

5. Nintendo 64? - Goldeneye. This place could have easily gone to Perfet Dark but this comes first in my preference, by a slight margin. Excellent gameplay, mixed with a storyline for mature gamers only (I must grow up quickly then!)

6. Game Boy? - I don't own a gameboy but found the early Final Fantasy's and the Mario Games entertaining.

7. Game Boy Advance? - I've never played on a GBA, so the question is not relevant.

8. X Box? - Well, that's a little hard to answer! I would say that Jet Set Radio and Munch's Odysee look good, but I've heard bad reports about the latter.

So, how come there was no Gamecube on this but X-Box was?

Thanks for reading.
Gaming Guy.
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:58
Regular
Now seriously, here's my favourite and worst games for every console I can remember playing:

ZX Spectrum:
My favourite games for this classic console are Turbo Esprit and Out Run. Out run was just a brilliant game. Nothing on the ZX Spectrum could beat it's level of play, especially from an audiotape! Turbo Esprit was a game where you had to rush around cities in an Esprit (type of car) and stop drug dealers from making deals and trades in thecities. You also had to stop hired hitmen from killing you. In it you could blow up civilian cars, run over pedestrians, stop at zebra crossings, wait for the pedestrian to be half way across the road then flatten the unlocky bloke, and even drive on the wrong side of a motorway hoping not to be smashed to pieces by an oncoming car. Even though it had all these cool lil extras in the game, it was still a basic, limited ZX Spectrum game, but even so, it was a gaming masterpiece.

Nintendo Entertainment System:
Super Mario Bros was the first ever game I played on a Nintendo console. I was immediately hooked! Never before had I played a game as good as this. The graphics were bright and colourful, the music was bold and simple, the sound effects suited the game brilliantly, and the fact that you could flatten enemies by stomping on their heads just made me want to play again and again and again! What you have to remember is that in the golden-old days of gaming, there wasn't any way of saving games on a games console (except for a few on the ZX Spectrum which allowed you to save some data onto a blank tape) so games had to be shorter, simpler and more....arcadelike to be any fun. Super Mario Bros was one of these games that took all of these into account and more! It was a brilliant play, and you were lucky if you could complete it within a few months!

Super Nintendo Entertainment System:
The SNES was the console that introduced me to the games series: The Legend Of Zelda. It was brilliant! Is was and still is my all time favourite game. It was based on the classic storyline: Ganon steals Zelda, Link wants to resuce her, Link goes through many dungeons to do so, Link saves the day, the whole world is happy. It my not be much more than a 16-bit Game Boy game, but it was a large game which had many dungeons, tonnes of secrets and many reasons to play it again and again. The main reason being that if you get a game over at all before completing it, the cartridge remembers that and when you do eventually finish the game, it lets you know how many times you've had a game over, then challenges you to start again so that you can try and complete it with less or no game overs at all. The game basically lasts forever! Even once you've finished it, it'll still take you ages to do it again! The bosses at the end of each dungeon each require a lot of skill to beat, and the dungeons themsleves require you to use your brain to find the end of them. You have to play this game to understand how good it is. So find yourself a SNES now!

Game Boy:
Radar Mission is basically 2 different games of Battleships in one. Game A is the classic formular of choosing a sector and hoping that your missile hits a boat. Game B however is a game where you control a submarine to try and destroy your opponents submarine or to sink his ships before yours are sunk. This was the first game I played on my brother's Game Boy and it's still one of my favourite all time games. The cpu is very difficult to beat, but it can be beaten. It just requires patience and skill to achieve making this games longevity, a very good quality.

Game Boy Color:
Once again I'm choosing Super Mario Bros. This time however, it's Super Mario Bros Deluxe. This version does give you the ability to save, but it also give you the ability to play as both Mario and Luigi in single player, and allows you to play the "Lost Levels" only seen before on Super Mario Allstars on the SNES, and allows you to play a racing game against Boo. There are also pictures to earn for your Game Boy Printer and you can play multiplayer in the 'Boo' game. This game is just as challenging as the original, and is the first time a Mario has had a starring role on the Game Boy Color.

Game Boy Advance:
Mario Kart: Super Circuit offers speed, skill, and best of all, mindless fun. It's a racing game based on cheating. Most of the time you have to win by using powerups which can knock your opponents off the course, shrink them into micro-racers or just simply make yourself inpervious to attack. However, it's not that difficult to complete. It is quite easy to get Gold on the fastest (and supposedly hardest) 150cc courses. And to unlock the SNES levels isn't that difficult either. To do so, all you have to do is get Gold on all cups in the engine class your racing in by using a fast racer like Peach, then slow down with Wario to collect a total of 100 or more coins in each cup and you've unlocked the SNES tracks. But this game isn't about completing it. It's about having fun and playing against your friends. Infact, when you link two or more Game Boy Advances together you can race each other on any track, play against each other in the battle mode or just simply trade your fastest times from the Time Trial mode. The Time Trial mode is probably one of the best parts of the game. It allows you to try and beat yourself at this game without having the annoyances of other racers pushing you off the course or sticking a koopa-shell where it doesn't belong.

N64:
Goldeneye 007. Theres not much I can tell you that you don't already know. It's a gaming masterpiece, one of the best there ever was, and why? Well so much time, work and energy was put into it to make it a classic game based on the brilliant (but not the best) James Bond movie. It's a British game based on a British story, so it's got none of that American influence that makes games and movies all the same (car chases, jumping over large drops, things just repeatedly blowing fire, etc). The game is certainly not perfect, but it was the first shooting game in a first person perspective to work like that. Never before could you aim so well with just a touch of a button, blow up a tank full of fuel, kill enemies that were standing nearby, whilst other enemies hear this and come to investigate. Ok, Perfect Dark did this all better, but Goldeneye has one major quality on it's side. Originality.

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure 2. I've not played this enough to give it a full review, but what I have played is enough for me to want this, and more games like it on the GameCube! It's brilliant, fast, action packed and is just a load of fun to play. Sega have really proven themselves with this title (not that they needed to) and it's great.

Megadrive:
Sonic The Hedgehog was Marios Megadrive competitor. He was faster, better and more fun to play than Mario. Infact, at the time he was the prefferred platforming hero to Mario. Once again I haven't played this enough to give you a detailed description, but I have plaed it enough to know that I can't wait for the Game Boy Advance Sonic game to arrive (should be March '02)

PC:
My favourite PC game of all time is the Westwood Studios classic, Command & Conquer Red Alert. It isn't state of the art gaming, but it is pure quality. It had two addons which gave it tonnes of extr missions to play and it had the element of "I want to play it again" and "I wish there was another game like this" which detirmines whether a videogame is good or not. It beat the original Command & Conquer only because it had a better storyline and more missions to complete. The cut-scenes were much more advanced, and even included a new beginning to the Brotherhood of Nod (complete the Soviet Missions to see) which are the terrorist group which you've gott o stop in the original Command & Conquer, and it's sequel: Tiberian Sun. This game is simple to play and easy for any beginner to get grips of, but also has different skill levels which make the CPU harder to beat and more fun and frustrating to play. Well done Westwood Studios for such a fun game series, especially Red Alert.
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
1. PC?...... Half-Life and TFC and CounterStrike oh. and the Baldurs Gate series!!!

2. Play Station?...ummm. Probably FF7 (cos it didn't crash everytime there was a cutscene like on my PC!)

3. Play Station
> 2? Haven't played one. But Tony hawks 3 looks good(but apparently the GC version will have special features not on PS2!) :-)

4. Dream Cast? Don't know

5. Nintendo 64? Perfect Dark probably best all rounder for single play multi play and lastability!

6. Game Boy? Zelda: link awakening (probably the new 2 Zelda games as well but haven't got em yet!)

7. Game Boy
> Advance? Dunno, but the F-Zero update looks amazing as does Mario Kart!

8. X Box? (we'll make a quick change here) *deletes X-box and replaces it with Nintendo GameCube*

umm... the games I am most looking forward to (it's a long list!):

Rogue Leader (star wars)
Waverace: Blue Storm
Eternal Darkness
Dinosaur Planet (the one with Starfox!)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (c'mon u must want to beat up Pikachu!)
Kameo: Elements of power
The NEW MARIO KART
oh and the new mario game but I haven't heard many details about it except that Mario has a backpack and no-one knows what it's going to do!
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:54
Regular
TORAX!!!! wrote:
> Whats your favourite game for:

1. PC?
Outlaws

2. Play Station?
Tony Hawks 2

3. Play Station
> 2?
Only played the crap games so none

4. Dream Cast?
Jet Set Radio

5. Nintendo 64?
PErfect Dark

6. Game Boy?
Zelda Links Awakening

7. Game Boy Advance?
Tony Hawks 2

8. X Box?
Windows 2000
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
TORAX!!!! wrote:
> Whats your favorit game for:

1. PC?

Championship manager or Operation Flashpoint

2. PlayStation?

ISS Evo 2

3. PlayStation
> 2?

Pro Evo (when its out)

4. DreamCast?

Erm....Virtual Tennis

5. Nintendo 64?

Dont have one.... favourite game that it.

6. Game Boy?

Wave Racer!!!

7. Game Boy
> Advance?

Never played

8. X Box?

Never played, and not likely to.

And what happened to GC?
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:26
Regular
"Wasting away"
1. PC?

Commandos 2

2. Play Station?

Iss Pro 2

3. Play Station 2?

Not got one, yet....

4. Dream Cast?

Soul Caliber

5. Nintendo 64?

Perfect Dark

6. Game Boy?

Tetris

7. Game Boy Advance?

Never played one

8. X Box?

Not out yet
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:16
Regular
Whats your favorit game for:

1. PC?

Geoff Crammonds F1GP3.

2. Play Station?

Never own a PSX.

3. Play Station 2?

GTA3, it's just fantastic.

4. Dream Cast?

M:SR

5. Nintendo 64?

Goldeneye

6. Game Boy?

Tetris.
7. Game Boy Advance?

MarioKart.

8. X Box?

As its not out yet, I don't know, but Prject Gotham Racing is looking fantastic...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.