GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About the psp"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/07/06 at 22:12
Regular
I am thinking of getting a psp should i get one are not
Thu 06/07/06 at 12:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Or say, a rom site :-D

I was thinking of getting a handheld but stayed clear of the PSP as i already have a PS2 and i don't travel enough to warrant buying a PSP
Thu 06/07/06 at 11:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh, and the DS plays Game Boy Advance games too (though you can't play link up multi-play modes), so it has a pretty big library of GBA games, many you can get cheap off of, say, Ebay.
Thu 06/07/06 at 01:26
Regular
"nooblet"
If you are considering a psp, or a ds:
psp's have more multimedia functions, they have the internet, homebrew, movies, music, pictures etc. It is very customisable, and it is easy to downgrade to 1.5 now, which will add extra homebrew capabilities. The games, there is a lot of them, usually from £20-£30 ish pounds. They are decent, but many are just ports (ridge racer, and also gta:lcs) They will be in 3d, or 2d, 3d games are good, but will usually have long load times, anything from 30seconds to a few minuites. The price of the console itself is rather high, around £200 for a giga pack (black or crematic white)

The ds has not got multimedia functions from the box, but you can purchase special carts that let you play movies. And for the internet, a game cartige is coming out soon that will let you use the opera browser for the internet. The console is not very customisable, in terms of changing what the begining screen looks like, you can only choose a select couple of colours.
There is homebrew, but it is complicated. The games are priced around £24-£30. The games are in 3d and 2d. For games, there is virtually no loading times, well, not that I have encountered. And there are many games out there, many origional games not made before.
The price of one, is around £80 for a phat ds and a game, or around £110 for a ds lite.
Wed 05/07/06 at 12:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Maybe not if you're willing to import one from America...
Wed 05/07/06 at 10:35
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
You'll need to save up a lot...
Wed 05/07/06 at 10:11
Regular
thanks for geting in tuch i was thinkingof geting one but not eny more saving up for the ps3
Wed 05/07/06 at 03:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It's up to you. PSPs are bigger than DS's, have longer loading times, and are more expensive... Having said that, there's more you can do with them (multimedia, internet, etc.), they have more recognisable franchises and more games that are similar to their home console counterparts. And they're probably 'cooler' if you're concerned with that sort of thing...

Depends what you want from a handheld really, or if you really want a handheld at all... Maybe you'll get a handheld only to get bored and go back to your home console(s) anyway...

Really depends what you're looking for.
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
No, I've got one, and they're complete waste of money. Only good if don't have an MP4 player really.
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> Only if you're racist.

:-D

Sony PSP, sponsored by the KKK
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:31
"possibly impossible"
Yes.

They're great.

But I wouldn't get a Giga pack (with the 1gig memory stick). Get a cheap value pack, then buy a 2 gig memory stick (sandisk one) for around £35 from ebay. That way you'll pay a lot less and have room for loads of MP3 and movie files.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.