GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Gamecube be as good as PS2?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 23:36
Regular
I have had an N64 ever since it came out, and have held the belief that it is the best console out, soon to be replaced by the Gamecube.
I now think that the gamecube is just a copy of other consoles like the PS2. I am very disappointed with how the Gamecube is turning out. Why has it abandoned the familiar cartridges for CDs? Just because all the other consoles have them?
I think Nintendo is running out of ideas, and so is copying the ideas of others. I am posting this to see if anyone shares my belief that Nintendo is going downhill.

Do you agree? Do you disagree? Please post your answers here.
Mon 05/11/01 at 10:38
Joel640: I have changed my name!
Sun 04/11/01 at 12:42
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
I'm getting one the first day it comes out, so it must be a top consle.
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah but the load times have the name of the race you are about to start as if it's is underwater, and if you move the analogue stick you can make ripples in the water while you are waiting! How impressive is that?
Sun 04/11/01 at 10:03
Regular
"DS..."
Q: Will Gamecube be as good as PS2?
A: NO it will be a million times better!!!

thank you, end of discussion.
slik ~_~
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:54
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Actually Wave Race has load times before each race. Admittely there not as BAD as the load times on the PS2, but there still there!

:)
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I've been memorising my NGC magazine!!! (ummm... not really)
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:30
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Very impressive :)
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!

sorry bout that :-)

but you are u know... GC doesn't use CDs or carts. It uses propriatry DVDs. These are basically what Cooky (I mean Evil-Cooky) said but they aren't actually CDs but DVDs. These will allow for much bigger games and since Ninty have opted for propriatry DVDs also have practically NO load times.

In Eternal Darkness they actually had to make the time the screen was blank inbetween switching rooms longer cos it didn't feel natural! How impressive is that?
Sat 03/11/01 at 23:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
ermmmm..............

The N64 did considerably worse than the Playstation due to it having cartridges. As it had a cartridge based system is cost developers a fortune to make games for it. This lead to the lack of support that the N64 received, thus the lack of games for the console. Nintendo have chosen to use their "own" sized cd's for the Gamecube and the amount of developers jumping on board to develop games for them has risen tremendously. Also with the chose of cd's over carts there is a lot more storage space for developers to play around with, so some games should/could be bigger.

So really, this has nothing to do with Nintendo copying the PS2, but Nintendo finally seeing sence and doing the right thing to get developer on board!

:)
Sat 03/11/01 at 23:36
I have had an N64 ever since it came out, and have held the belief that it is the best console out, soon to be replaced by the Gamecube.
I now think that the gamecube is just a copy of other consoles like the PS2. I am very disappointed with how the Gamecube is turning out. Why has it abandoned the familiar cartridges for CDs? Just because all the other consoles have them?
I think Nintendo is running out of ideas, and so is copying the ideas of others. I am posting this to see if anyone shares my belief that Nintendo is going downhill.

Do you agree? Do you disagree? Please post your answers here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.