GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Armed and Dangerous Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Armed & Dangerous'.
Wed 16/06/10 at 20:28
Regular
"Broken Seahorse"
Many people, nowadays, remember Armed and Dangerous as just an above average third person shooter with crazy weapons. There is so much more to this game than that. People who have played Armed and Dangerous and say any of the above are the kind who are utterly uninterested in a game. They are the kind of people who just skip cutscenes and concentrate on the graphics and nothing else.

When I bought this game and fired up my Xbox, within an hour or so, I was completely absorbed into this wonderfully creative game. Yes the graphics aren't amazing and the shooting sections get a bit repetetitive, but I would recommend this game to anyone who is either a fan of third person shooting games or lucasarts games such as Monkey Island or Grim Fandango. This is not a point and click, but it had me hooked when I came across and got to know the characters, these are some of the most well developed and funny characters i've ever come across. Its humour and creativity is so charming that it gives games like psychonauts a run for its money! When I say funny, I mean FUNNY, there are moments in the game, where you just can't help but laugh, there are some very talented voice actors in this game. There is also slapstick comedy in the gameplay.

Take some of the most imaginative characters, some amazingly creative weapons, and an engine that you can have hours of fun with, and you have a fantastic Lucasarts game, I would recommend it to any xbox owner!!!

9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 16/06/10 at 20:28
Regular
"Broken Seahorse"
Many people, nowadays, remember Armed and Dangerous as just an above average third person shooter with crazy weapons. There is so much more to this game than that. People who have played Armed and Dangerous and say any of the above are the kind who are utterly uninterested in a game. They are the kind of people who just skip cutscenes and concentrate on the graphics and nothing else.

When I bought this game and fired up my Xbox, within an hour or so, I was completely absorbed into this wonderfully creative game. Yes the graphics aren't amazing and the shooting sections get a bit repetetitive, but I would recommend this game to anyone who is either a fan of third person shooting games or lucasarts games such as Monkey Island or Grim Fandango. This is not a point and click, but it had me hooked when I came across and got to know the characters, these are some of the most well developed and funny characters i've ever come across. Its humour and creativity is so charming that it gives games like psychonauts a run for its money! When I say funny, I mean FUNNY, there are moments in the game, where you just can't help but laugh, there are some very talented voice actors in this game. There is also slapstick comedy in the gameplay.

Take some of the most imaginative characters, some amazingly creative weapons, and an engine that you can have hours of fun with, and you have a fantastic Lucasarts game, I would recommend it to any xbox owner!!!

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.