GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey geuss what SIMS fans next year theres a......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims 2'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 18:51
Regular
new The Sims 2 coming out, its going to be 3D and everything!! go 2 www.thesims.com 2 find out more!!!!!!!!! :)
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Now its old, and been ruined by countless add-on packs.

i second that. there are about 8 add-ons, all costing too much for what they offer. i see kids crowding round add-on packs in GAME for the sims in shops, while i stand in the lonely PC corner, watching a small gang of boys with eyes set on the featured GBA SP in the showcase type stand thingy. a lot still stay faithful to the PC, but what intimidates console users from jumping from PS2 to PC is the control method. time and time again i hear people complaining that it's too complicated to handle a mouse and a keyboard. well, maybe it IS for them, because their brains can't handle it. heck, i can remember playing half-life uplink with the arrow keys on my dads' old PC, and it was hard as hell. now i can play this keyboard as if i was mastering it for decades, with the mouse like a co-pilot, telling the keyboard where to go an' stuff.

sorry if i got side-tracked from the overall topic.......
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
nah, a game doesnt NEED 3d, unless it's a modern FPS or RPG. Personally i think 3d is just a luxury. quite a few games survived without it, because they did a GOOD job with the visuals.
Thu 22/05/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I for one, won't be purchasing this so-called "sequel"

Ditto
Wed 21/05/03 at 22:03
Regular
The Sims was enjoyable abut 3 years ago when it was released.

Now its old, and been ruined by countless add-on packs.

I for one, won't be purchasing this so-called "sequel"
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Der Nazi wrote:
> NO! NOT MORE RUBBISH POLLUTING THE PC SECTION! What a let-down. The
> Sims is rubbish, Tedious, Boring, Monotonous and pointless. It is
> unchallenging, campy and strange. And are there any sane people who
> likes The Sims?...no. All we need is a new version. NO! GARRGH!

So... you found it strangely erotic huh?..
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
NO! NOT MORE RUBBISH POLLUTING THE PC SECTION! What a let-down. The Sims is rubbish, Tedious, Boring, Monotonous and pointless. It is unchallenging, campy and strange. And are there any sane people who likes The Sims?...no. All we need is a new version. NO! GARRGH!
Wed 21/05/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
No doubt there'll be lots of useless new objects like a personal mp3 player to replace the stereo, and such rubbish.
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Cubes getting some special Sims. Joy.

Benefit? None, except it'll sell millions and pollute this world even more.

That last ones not a benefit really.
Wed 21/05/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
With 4 different angles. if that really makes sense.

But how is 3d going to benefit the sims?
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The console version was, but the PC Sims is plain old 2D isometric.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.