GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF THE MUSIC 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 16:19
Regular
My review of WWF THE Music volumes 1(full metal:the album),2,3,4, and the
wrestling album would have been up on Wednesday, but it was censored for
containing the word A,S,S. So 3.5 hours work was deleted.
Oh well, Heres an improved WWF the music volume 4 review, the others will be
reviewed soon.

WWF THE MUSIC: VOLUME 4
REVIEW

Track1: ëBreak Down The Wallí Chris Jericho
Volume 4ís opening track sets the standard by which all following tracks are to be
judged, and ëBreak Down The Wallí sets the standards pretty high, from the opening
explosion to when it fades away, this theme is pure class, with a thumping base,
distorted guitars and great lyrics ëBreak Down The Wallí opens the album with style.
Very similar to Chris Jerichoís current TV theme with only a few guitar riffs and
tempo differences set them apart, but then again, theres not much that can be
improved upon.

Track 2: ëBigí The Big Show
ëWEEEHHHHHLLLLL, WELL ITS THE BIG SHOW!í and a theme with the
enormous scale of the big man too, a solid theme - although the lyrics are a little too
repetitive. Another theme heavily reliant on Guitar, but thats not a bad thing, thats a
good thing, especially when the track is as constant as this. The beat is just right as a
theme for The Big Show as it conveys his giant shuffle towards the ring. A solid
theme although the opening is annoying, but overall quite a good theme.

Track 3: ëNo Chance In Hellí The Corporation
You would think that there would be ëNo Chance In Hellí that there would be three
consecutive songs all extremely listenable, but, there are. The Corporation theme,
which is now used by Vince McMahon is infact very listenable, very listenable
indeed. There is a simple yet catchy hook, the base suits it perfectly, and the lyrics are
not only relevant but actually quite biting. Three out of Three so far for Volume 4, but
theres ëNo Chance In Hellí that they can keep this streak up.

Track 4: ëSexual Chocolateí Mark Henry
So, was there a chance in Hell they could keep the streak up? Well, yes, but no they
didnít, ëSexual Chocolateí although amusing at first soon grows tiring, although the
WWF should be commended for trying something a little different from the standard
guitars and shouting lyrics, this song comes off as nothing more than a Barry White
rip off song, which unfortunately it is.

Track 5: ëThis Is A Testí Test
The tracks title is true, this is a test, a test if the album can get back on track, and that
is a test that it not only passes, but exceeds at, this track is the best on the album yet,
mixing heavy guitar base with industrial sounds, and quick, undemanding vocals, a
unique and interesting soundscape is created reminiscent of the songs in Quake 2. The
album was obviously up to the test.

Track6: ëWreckí Mankind
ëCrashí. Did this album run into a roadblock, thats just this songs opening (for anyone
interested its the same car screech effect used in the Razor Ramon theme as found on
WWF Full Metal: The Album), Mankindís theme again uses a simple but suprisingly
catchy hook and guitar riffs to pull off a theme that both is brilliantly simple, and
simply brilliant. Although not the best track on the album, a very good track none the
less, Although the inclusion of lyrics may have improved it.

Track 7: ëOh Hell Yeah (Stone Cold Steve Austin Tribute)í H Block X
This is the first (And thankfully only) track on the album not to be a wrestlers theme,
but rather it is a ëtributeí song. Or at least thats what they say, its not just an excuse to
be able to put one of their biggest stars names on the album case is it ?! Anyway, the
song isnt too bad, if you like this kind of thing, true its annoying, in a Kid Rock kind
of way, but if you like that style then you may like this song. The lyrics are quite
frankly rubbish, but thats not what this songs about really is it. Im not really going to
heavily criticise this song as it does what its supposed to, and some of my friends
claim to like this, different tastes and all. On most albums this song would be fine,
but for an album with a series of high points, this is an unfortunately a low.

Track 8: ëDanger At The Doorí D Lo Brown
Danger may be at the door, but theres no danger of the album taking a nose dive after
a promising start, this song features decent lyrics, a good tune (although the
keyboards sound too synthetic for my tastes) and a catchy rhythm. This song
thankfully brings stability back to the album after the disappointment of the previous
song.

Track 9: ëBlood Brotherí Christian
A heavy guitar base dominates this track, but the addition of industrial sounds ensures
that the track never becomes too dark. The tracks fast tempo and rich soundscape
combine to make one of the better tracks on the album, but interestingly one of the
least heard, as this track has only been on tv a handful of times (christian usually used
edges theme even in single matches) and in the original smackdown game on
playstation.

Track 10: ëAssmaní Billy Gunn
Featuring such touching lyrics as ëI love to love em, I love to kick em, I love to Shove,
I love to stick em, I love to float em, I love to watch em, I love to pick em, Gonna
kick em, Im an assman!í its obvious that this is definately in the realm of toilet
humour, although amusing at first, when you actually listen to the lyrics you cant help
but feel disturbed (I love to pick em?, what were they thinking!). Its a shame that they
went so over the top as the music is decent, although it sounds a little 80ís in style (It
sounds very Buff Bagwell-ish, after all, its a very camp song.) Another
disappointment from the album. Assman? No, just ass-inine.

Track 11: ëMinistryí Undertaker
After the disappointment of Assman, thank god they followed it with this excellent
track, mixing creepy vocals, electric guitar wizardry and a classical style theme, this
track is very dark, but deliciously so. Although essentially the track off Volume 3, but
with creepy organ music, and the undertaker ëspeaking in tonguesí instead of electric
guitar riffs, this is little new for owners of volume 3 who have essentially been
listening to this track for a while, but for those without volume 3, this will most likely
be the highpoint of the album.

Track12: ëíMy Timeí Triple H and Chyna
This is the classic triple H theme now used by Stephanie McMahon Helmsley. A mix
of electronica and rock, this is a very fresh, very catchy, very good track. Lyrics are
first rate, and complement the theme perfectly. Definitely A first rate song.

Track 13: ëOn The Edgeí Edge
This is the track used right up until the Edge + Christian break up, bold, funky and
unquestionably unique, this is yet another breath of fresh air, although this track
features a lot of distorted guitar and base much like some of the previous tracks on the
album, the combination in which they are used is virtually perfectly, A very catchy
hook, and excellent lyrics mean this song totally reeks, reeks of awesomeness, and is
ëOn The Edgeí of greatness.

Track 14: ëKnow Your Roleí The Rock
Speaking of greatness, the album finishes with the entrance theme of the self
proclaimed great one, The Rock. Excellent guitar riffs, fresh rhythm and funky beat
combine to make this one of the best WWF themes ever - and thats a hard comment
to make coming from someone who despises babyface wrestlers in general. As a
bonus for the cd, the rocks theme has had several additions, including a running
commentary by the rick, and right at the end of the track, a rendition of Smackdown
Hotel by the Brahma Bull himself (Although youíll have to turn your speakers right
up to hear it). A great track, and the perfect way to end the album.

Overall A solid outing for the WWF with the majority of the tracks being very good,
two dissapointments (Sexual Chocolate and AssMan) and only one track that feels
like filler (Stone Cold Tribute by H Block X). Would I reccomend this track to
everyone, well, no, but for WWF fans this is a great purchase, and even if your not
much of a fan the songs can stand up on their own, and you should at least listen to it
if not buy it.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 03/11/01 at 16:19
"MMMMM, Chicken"
My review of WWF THE Music volumes 1(full metal:the album),2,3,4, and the
wrestling album would have been up on Wednesday, but it was censored for
containing the word A,S,S. So 3.5 hours work was deleted.
Oh well, Heres an improved WWF the music volume 4 review, the others will be
reviewed soon.

WWF THE MUSIC: VOLUME 4
REVIEW

Track1: ëBreak Down The Wallí Chris Jericho
Volume 4ís opening track sets the standard by which all following tracks are to be
judged, and ëBreak Down The Wallí sets the standards pretty high, from the opening
explosion to when it fades away, this theme is pure class, with a thumping base,
distorted guitars and great lyrics ëBreak Down The Wallí opens the album with style.
Very similar to Chris Jerichoís current TV theme with only a few guitar riffs and
tempo differences set them apart, but then again, theres not much that can be
improved upon.

Track 2: ëBigí The Big Show
ëWEEEHHHHHLLLLL, WELL ITS THE BIG SHOW!í and a theme with the
enormous scale of the big man too, a solid theme - although the lyrics are a little too
repetitive. Another theme heavily reliant on Guitar, but thats not a bad thing, thats a
good thing, especially when the track is as constant as this. The beat is just right as a
theme for The Big Show as it conveys his giant shuffle towards the ring. A solid
theme although the opening is annoying, but overall quite a good theme.

Track 3: ëNo Chance In Hellí The Corporation
You would think that there would be ëNo Chance In Hellí that there would be three
consecutive songs all extremely listenable, but, there are. The Corporation theme,
which is now used by Vince McMahon is infact very listenable, very listenable
indeed. There is a simple yet catchy hook, the base suits it perfectly, and the lyrics are
not only relevant but actually quite biting. Three out of Three so far for Volume 4, but
theres ëNo Chance In Hellí that they can keep this streak up.

Track 4: ëSexual Chocolateí Mark Henry
So, was there a chance in Hell they could keep the streak up? Well, yes, but no they
didnít, ëSexual Chocolateí although amusing at first soon grows tiring, although the
WWF should be commended for trying something a little different from the standard
guitars and shouting lyrics, this song comes off as nothing more than a Barry White
rip off song, which unfortunately it is.

Track 5: ëThis Is A Testí Test
The tracks title is true, this is a test, a test if the album can get back on track, and that
is a test that it not only passes, but exceeds at, this track is the best on the album yet,
mixing heavy guitar base with industrial sounds, and quick, undemanding vocals, a
unique and interesting soundscape is created reminiscent of the songs in Quake 2. The
album was obviously up to the test.

Track6: ëWreckí Mankind
ëCrashí. Did this album run into a roadblock, thats just this songs opening (for anyone
interested its the same car screech effect used in the Razor Ramon theme as found on
WWF Full Metal: The Album), Mankindís theme again uses a simple but suprisingly
catchy hook and guitar riffs to pull off a theme that both is brilliantly simple, and
simply brilliant. Although not the best track on the album, a very good track none the
less, Although the inclusion of lyrics may have improved it.

Track 7: ëOh Hell Yeah (Stone Cold Steve Austin Tribute)í H Block X
This is the first (And thankfully only) track on the album not to be a wrestlers theme,
but rather it is a ëtributeí song. Or at least thats what they say, its not just an excuse to
be able to put one of their biggest stars names on the album case is it ?! Anyway, the
song isnt too bad, if you like this kind of thing, true its annoying, in a Kid Rock kind
of way, but if you like that style then you may like this song. The lyrics are quite
frankly rubbish, but thats not what this songs about really is it. Im not really going to
heavily criticise this song as it does what its supposed to, and some of my friends
claim to like this, different tastes and all. On most albums this song would be fine,
but for an album with a series of high points, this is an unfortunately a low.

Track 8: ëDanger At The Doorí D Lo Brown
Danger may be at the door, but theres no danger of the album taking a nose dive after
a promising start, this song features decent lyrics, a good tune (although the
keyboards sound too synthetic for my tastes) and a catchy rhythm. This song
thankfully brings stability back to the album after the disappointment of the previous
song.

Track 9: ëBlood Brotherí Christian
A heavy guitar base dominates this track, but the addition of industrial sounds ensures
that the track never becomes too dark. The tracks fast tempo and rich soundscape
combine to make one of the better tracks on the album, but interestingly one of the
least heard, as this track has only been on tv a handful of times (christian usually used
edges theme even in single matches) and in the original smackdown game on
playstation.

Track 10: ëAssmaní Billy Gunn
Featuring such touching lyrics as ëI love to love em, I love to kick em, I love to Shove,
I love to stick em, I love to float em, I love to watch em, I love to pick em, Gonna
kick em, Im an assman!í its obvious that this is definately in the realm of toilet
humour, although amusing at first, when you actually listen to the lyrics you cant help
but feel disturbed (I love to pick em?, what were they thinking!). Its a shame that they
went so over the top as the music is decent, although it sounds a little 80ís in style (It
sounds very Buff Bagwell-ish, after all, its a very camp song.) Another
disappointment from the album. Assman? No, just ass-inine.

Track 11: ëMinistryí Undertaker
After the disappointment of Assman, thank god they followed it with this excellent
track, mixing creepy vocals, electric guitar wizardry and a classical style theme, this
track is very dark, but deliciously so. Although essentially the track off Volume 3, but
with creepy organ music, and the undertaker ëspeaking in tonguesí instead of electric
guitar riffs, this is little new for owners of volume 3 who have essentially been
listening to this track for a while, but for those without volume 3, this will most likely
be the highpoint of the album.

Track12: ëíMy Timeí Triple H and Chyna
This is the classic triple H theme now used by Stephanie McMahon Helmsley. A mix
of electronica and rock, this is a very fresh, very catchy, very good track. Lyrics are
first rate, and complement the theme perfectly. Definitely A first rate song.

Track 13: ëOn The Edgeí Edge
This is the track used right up until the Edge + Christian break up, bold, funky and
unquestionably unique, this is yet another breath of fresh air, although this track
features a lot of distorted guitar and base much like some of the previous tracks on the
album, the combination in which they are used is virtually perfectly, A very catchy
hook, and excellent lyrics mean this song totally reeks, reeks of awesomeness, and is
ëOn The Edgeí of greatness.

Track 14: ëKnow Your Roleí The Rock
Speaking of greatness, the album finishes with the entrance theme of the self
proclaimed great one, The Rock. Excellent guitar riffs, fresh rhythm and funky beat
combine to make this one of the best WWF themes ever - and thats a hard comment
to make coming from someone who despises babyface wrestlers in general. As a
bonus for the cd, the rocks theme has had several additions, including a running
commentary by the rick, and right at the end of the track, a rendition of Smackdown
Hotel by the Brahma Bull himself (Although youíll have to turn your speakers right
up to hear it). A great track, and the perfect way to end the album.

Overall A solid outing for the WWF with the majority of the tracks being very good,
two dissapointments (Sexual Chocolate and AssMan) and only one track that feels
like filler (Stone Cold Tribute by H Block X). Would I reccomend this track to
everyone, well, no, but for WWF fans this is a great purchase, and even if your not
much of a fan the songs can stand up on their own, and you should at least listen to it
if not buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.