GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best movie soundtrack!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 14:45
Regular
My favourite movie soundtrack would have to be the soundtrack to 'The Matrixí, is what gave the movie the feeling of action and adventure. Don Davis was the man behind 'The Matrix' soundtrack, this was Don's big break into the film scoring business. Don picked out the best people to help the recording for the music to be in The Matrix. He best choice I think was 'Rage against the machine'. I think that Don Davis has a great career ahead of him, I am not sure but I think that he is also making the soundtrack for the sequel to 'The Matrix', called 'The Matrix Reloaded'.

The album is one of the best ever to be released. The album includes recordings by Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Rob Zombie, Rage against the machine, Rammstein and Deftones. The best on the album is 'Mindfields' by Prodigy. Each track has a beat to match the scene. This great collection of musical recordings from all of the latest singers is why 'The Matrix' has been such a worldwide success. Many people say that classical music is the main source used in modern movies, I donít agree with this. Hans Zimmer was the composed of the Gladiator soundtrack, this was very successful and noticed all the time. I think that classical is best for the movies set back in time:
e.g. Gladiator
But The Matrix was more successful with the young gender, as Warner Bro's thought, this is why The Matrix has modern music such as rave init. 'Rage against the machine' have been successful because they try to create the right type of music to benefit what the music is for. This is the best band I know for movie or game recordings. They also have recordings for the 'Tony Hawks 1 + 2' games.
Gladiator - This had a very successful soundtrack, I think this is mainly because of how good a composer Hans Zimmer is. Ridley Scott had already worked with Hans in previous movies. This movie was to be his most successful achievement in his musical career. As I had already explained, 'Gladiator' was given the classical music to fit the mood of the film that is epic and action piled into one.

What is you favourite soundtrack? and why?
Sat 03/11/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I liked the dumb and dumber sound track (even though they left a few good one off of the album)
Where I find my heaven- gigolo aunts
Peter pumpkin head- crash test dummies

Also the wedding singer sound track
(even though they released it on 2 albums with half of the best songs on one album and the other half of the good ones on the other album. They should have taken the best song from both and put them on the one album, but I think some executives somewhere smelt the oder of a money making oportunity there.)
Sat 03/11/01 at 17:22
Regular
"not dead"
Love-A-Duck, Muddy-Funster, Mockney-Cockney, Gangster Crime Comedy Caper will no doubt have an excellent soundtrack (see Xtra GAD topic - this forum)

Lost Boys has a great soundtack. Echo & The Bunnymen doing People are Strange is fantastic.
Sat 03/11/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah - The Matrix soundtrack was awesome, especially M. Mansons 'Rock is Dead'!!

I like the soundtrack to Halloween but Star Wars cannot be beaten!! Just imagine what the film would be like without it!!!
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:58
Regular
Gangrelated has a great soundtrack, because the main actor is Tupac Shakur, so he sings all the songs to the soundtrack. It's a double CD!
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:55
Regular
MY favourite soundtrack would have to be either Air America, Snatch or The Firm.

All have a fantastic selection of tracks on them.
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:55
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
I think that the Terminator 2 soundtrack is the best, mixing the correct mix of everything you could want from a song - excellent stuff. Despite no real genre to it, it still manages to be a masterpiece and did I mention it was by an independant artist? It features the right pace, dynamics and structure of a song set for this type of song.

Thanks for reading.
Gaming Guy.
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:45
Regular
My favourite movie soundtrack would have to be the soundtrack to 'The Matrixí, is what gave the movie the feeling of action and adventure. Don Davis was the man behind 'The Matrix' soundtrack, this was Don's big break into the film scoring business. Don picked out the best people to help the recording for the music to be in The Matrix. He best choice I think was 'Rage against the machine'. I think that Don Davis has a great career ahead of him, I am not sure but I think that he is also making the soundtrack for the sequel to 'The Matrix', called 'The Matrix Reloaded'.

The album is one of the best ever to be released. The album includes recordings by Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Rob Zombie, Rage against the machine, Rammstein and Deftones. The best on the album is 'Mindfields' by Prodigy. Each track has a beat to match the scene. This great collection of musical recordings from all of the latest singers is why 'The Matrix' has been such a worldwide success. Many people say that classical music is the main source used in modern movies, I donít agree with this. Hans Zimmer was the composed of the Gladiator soundtrack, this was very successful and noticed all the time. I think that classical is best for the movies set back in time:
e.g. Gladiator
But The Matrix was more successful with the young gender, as Warner Bro's thought, this is why The Matrix has modern music such as rave init. 'Rage against the machine' have been successful because they try to create the right type of music to benefit what the music is for. This is the best band I know for movie or game recordings. They also have recordings for the 'Tony Hawks 1 + 2' games.
Gladiator - This had a very successful soundtrack, I think this is mainly because of how good a composer Hans Zimmer is. Ridley Scott had already worked with Hans in previous movies. This movie was to be his most successful achievement in his musical career. As I had already explained, 'Gladiator' was given the classical music to fit the mood of the film that is epic and action piled into one.

What is you favourite soundtrack? and why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.