GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Thought Ninty was Pretty Good at E3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 17:02
Regular
N.B. Angry post after reading a news item on the site of the people who make NGC magazines.....you know it's name. (not targeted at anyone here but at anyone who disagrees with this)

Why's everyone complaining about Nintendo's apparently crud E3 appearance. I thought it was good. Let me adress the critisisms:

1. MGS:Twin Snakes. I've just finished watching the trailers and it looks great. Sure it's a remake. But it's a remake of a game I haven't played yet. And I sure want to! How many people out there have't played it either? The graphics are a bit grainy at the moment, but thats because the game is only an early build. I'm looking forward to it.

2. Mario Kart: DD

People are calling the double character thing 'gimmiky'. Well what else can you do. I'd like to see some of those people come up with better ideas at making the funest karting game even better. The new mode looks really intresting and being able to play it on LAN sound great. 8 player Mario Kart. Can't complain about that.

3. No surprises?

Nintendo are listening to YOU! We've been complaining about Ninty being all secretive for ages now and there finally paying attention. This has probably turned out to be a bad thing and goes to show just how little we know about marketing games (Me for one. So don't take it personally)

4. New Zeldas

Sure it's a bit cheap of Ninty (I would have liked to see a 3D 4 player game in the style of Wind Waker) but its still a good idea. The 2D Zelda games were great. Why souldn't these be good as well. They'll be bigger, better and you can play 4 player. The other one looks intresting too. Games don't have to be 3D to be good. It'll probably be great fun anyway.

5. F-Zero

Not the gameplay you were hoping for??? Well what do you want?!!!! It looks great. It looks fun to play. Have they actually played on it themeselves? Hmmm. I'd like to know the answer to that one.

6. Not enough new games?

For God's sake. Theres tons of new games!! (I'm not going to list them here, it'll take too long)

That's enough angryness for one day. Personally I think that every major news item needs a damp squid. After all...there's not news like bad news. Critisising Nintendo, being the company thats aparantly failing but actually isn't, is their way to spice the whole news letter up and to let PS2 owners and X-Box owners have a laugh. If there was a disapointment it would have to be Rare. With no news of Perfect Dark Zero I still only have two or three reasons to buy an X-Box which are not nearly enough (not the 4 would be). If the console world stays a fickle as it is right now I may be forced to go PC to escape the battle. However I'm not rich enough to buy and constantly update a PC so?

That will be all for now....

(Sorry about any spelling mistakes. I had my English Lit GCSE exam this morning and I'm tired of writing. That also explains my anger. Also, after not posting here for several months, I'll be back to the forums after the hell of GCSEs have blown over my head)
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I admit that the new zeldas are a bit cheap. But I might still get them. It depends how they get rated. Though Nintendo should be doing a bit more than this.
Thu 22/05/03 at 10:03
Regular
I am personally disappointed with E3 this year - not just Nintendo's stand, but E3 in general.

But Nintendo are the company I generally focus on, and my main disappointment is the way they're using 2 cheap Zelda games as ways to 'wow' the crowds. "Wow, a rupee collecting SNES-like Zelda game!" or "Wow, a stamp collecting game!". Sure, I haven't played them and they're bound to be improved upon, but they aren't proper Zelda games, and so I wont be getting them.
Thu 22/05/03 at 07:14
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Personally I think the X-Box looks more tacky. The big green thing looks stupid and the X-Box sign in the controllers is made of card board. Plus it's huge. The GameCube looks much more styleish and th handle, though not needed, is practicle. Imagine trying to carry and X-Box!
Thu 22/05/03 at 02:04
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
Wobbly Sumo wrote:
> I guess that was yet another contravesial post...Please don't hate me!

We already hate you
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:05
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
At least my console is purple!
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I love my Cube really.

YeY!
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
very funny
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
but itz kiddy!!!!!!!!1111111111111111
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Some people just don't understand Nintendo. To tell the truth Nintendo fans are much more mature and open minded when it comes to discussing consoles. The X-Box is a great console but there's just not enough amazing games to persuade me to buy one (plus I don't have the money). People just tend to dismiss the Gamecube for no good reason at all.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Festivus!"
I thought that Ninty's E3 was excellent.

Pity not many other people did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.