GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&C 3: Tiberium Wars: I found a reason to buy it!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars '.
Sat 21/04/07 at 21:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I can think of plenty of reasons not to buy Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. It's published by EA, it's an RTS, I played the first two, the gameplay is probably the same i.e. gradually build up an army and chip away at your enemy until they are no more, then progress to building up bigger armies requiring more chipping away at your enemy until they are no more, with the big finale of building up a huge army and chipping away at your enemy until your big weapon is charged with which you can chip away at your enemy a bit more until they are no more.

But today I found a reason to buy it. Michael Ironside (he of Total Recall, Splinter Cell voice overs and, erm, Desperate Housewives fame) is in it, and I'm a big fan.

Dammit.

P.S. Chippxero did a review of the PC version, but of course the 360 version will be completely different (that is to say being an EA title it will freeze up in completley different places and different units will disappear at completely different moments).
Tue 24/04/07 at 16:08
Regular
"8==="
I'm only buying it if there's a DJ.
Tue 24/04/07 at 15:42
Regular
Not to mention the usual array of fit women coming on to you and telling you how good you are. I have played it through now and it is ok. Yes the gameplay is the same but there are quite a number of new units once you get into the game and because the balance of the teams has been worked out quite well you dont have one race which whipes out the others all 3 are fairly even. My one comment would be when you play against the scrin they are quite hard but play as them and they turn into jelly.
And to be fair as usual it is as pointless to play online as all the others as the "Grunt rush" tactic has not been combatted. It is quite prewtty if you have a good PC and it has some "new tricks" but at the end of the day this is an "old dog". There was very little they could do to change it without alienating the hords of C&C fans.
Mon 23/04/07 at 12:38
"possibly impossible"
Don't forget that Billy Dee Williams is in it too...
Sat 21/04/07 at 21:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I can think of plenty of reasons not to buy Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. It's published by EA, it's an RTS, I played the first two, the gameplay is probably the same i.e. gradually build up an army and chip away at your enemy until they are no more, then progress to building up bigger armies requiring more chipping away at your enemy until they are no more, with the big finale of building up a huge army and chipping away at your enemy until your big weapon is charged with which you can chip away at your enemy a bit more until they are no more.

But today I found a reason to buy it. Michael Ironside (he of Total Recall, Splinter Cell voice overs and, erm, Desperate Housewives fame) is in it, and I'm a big fan.

Dammit.

P.S. Chippxero did a review of the PC version, but of course the 360 version will be completely different (that is to say being an EA title it will freeze up in completley different places and different units will disappear at completely different moments).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.