GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"skies of arcadia: anygood?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Wed 21/05/03 at 17:36
Regular
Ive heard alot about it. i would really like an above average rpg on the gc. I have zelda and i have almost completed it. im looking towards skies of arcadia to be my next adventure game but from what ive heard it seems pretty average. Is it better than lost kingdom and baldurs gate?
opinions please:
Mon 26/05/03 at 11:30
Regular
The most I got in a row was 2, one on Drachma, then on VYse, but neither of them were killed by it, so I tackled him back and hit him with a Cutlass Fury.
I won, no problemo.
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:30
Regular
The Executioner can be very unforgiving.

I've had him do three Tackle attacks in a row, and just wiped out my entire party before I could do anything.
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
I didn't find the Executioner difficult whatsoever.

I was expecting to have another fight of some sort in the colleseum so I saved and healed before going up.

It was still simple though.

THe poison monster was a bit more difficult however, until I remembered that you can change the moonstone powering my weapon.
Thu 22/05/03 at 23:19
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> Like when you fight the poison monster and then the Exectuioner
> straight after near the beginning of the game.

That bit was a bit of a git, lost Vyse and what's her face when fighting the executioner so it was just down to beardy bloke to win the fight.

He kicked his a-ss though.

Superb game.
Thu 22/05/03 at 22:21
Regular
I think they've actually changed a few things and may be harder.
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:12
Regular
A few bosses are really tough.

Like when you fight the poison monster and then the Exectuioner straight after near the beginning of the game.

It's pretty easy later on though, although the bounty fights can be very nasty.
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:06
Regular
strange.. i heard the game was easy
Thu 22/05/03 at 10:09
Regular
Twas my favourite game for a little while, the Dreamcast version still rates as one of my favourites.

The graphics weren't too amazing on Dreamcast, but I didn't care about them - the game in general was amazing!

A word of warning though, there is a bit of a steep learning curve in the game - but once you've learned what you need, you'll be 'sailing'
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:57
Regular
I'll hopefully know if it's good or not tommorow or Friday.
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
Well its considered better than most FF games, and easily an above average RPG. A very long game to, 50+ hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.