GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online capabilities..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/08/00 at 23:24
Regular
What I want to know from you people is:

Do you just want internet access purely to play games on the Dolphin/Starcube/whatever?

And what else would you like, aside from games?

Me personally, I would be more than happy for it to be just for games. If this is case, there will be no need for a hardrive (like PS2). I mean, if you want a PC, go buy a Pc, not a console, that's what I say.
Fri 11/08/00 at 23:24
What I want to know from you people is:

Do you just want internet access purely to play games on the Dolphin/Starcube/whatever?

And what else would you like, aside from games?

Me personally, I would be more than happy for it to be just for games. If this is case, there will be no need for a hardrive (like PS2). I mean, if you want a PC, go buy a Pc, not a console, that's what I say.
Sat 12/08/00 at 14:35
I've got internet on my PC so why would I want it on a console?

I'm getting Dolphin for it's games, quality and cos I'm a big Nintendo fan!
Sat 12/08/00 at 16:51
the internet would be so much easier to acsess and use on a PC than a console anyway. the games are gonna be great on the dolphin, with or without the net. also there could be a DVD player too, this wouldn't affect the game and may be a god thing because les people have dvd than intenet. just think about it though, internet or none, dd or none, would would be the differnce.
Fri 19/01/01 at 03:26
These are the five most important words when it comes to consoles. 'Do not believe marketing hype'

I have been a Nintendo fan for years and I can just about trust Nintendo to bring out quallity games. But still, I will wait until gamecube is released then I'll see what the inintial five promised games are form Nintendo then I will buy it if it is up to the standards that Nintendo have promised.

Nintendo are unlike other companies. Nintendo trust and respect each other. They have a simple goal to create the worlds best games. They have the worlds best game creator in the form of the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto, a president Hiroshi Yamauchi who made Ninteno what it is today. They had Gunpei Yokio creator of the gameboy who was tragically killed. Lest we forget

Nintendo has always been avery proud company who strives to have quality over quantity. Nintendo will only release a game when they are sure that it will exceed the markets expectations. Nintendo have revulutiuonised gaming as we know it with mario 64 and zelda and I think that Nintendo will carry over this knowledge about games to the next gerneration and will show the world it means bussiness

You cant say thre same with Sony and Microsoft can you!
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:22
The way I see it is like this, why bother putting the internet on a GAMES console?. games is what it says on the marquee and surley games is what people want from a console.

Why bother adding the internet to something that is mean't purley for enjoyment? True surfing the net is fun but people are NOT going to want to pay extra money (which they undoubtedly will have to) for the internet on a console that is supposedly being built to play games on.

If people wanted the internet they would get it the conventional way, by buying a Mac or a PC. The makers of the 'Next Gen' consoles are now trying to beat each other with more advanced graphics, more additional features and are forgetting what games are all about, to have fun.

Sorry to go all scientifical here, but a recent survey shows that 8 out of 10 people already have a PC,(I could almost imagine myself presenting the regional news!) and with the rapidly advancing technology, the price of the internet is going to go

D
O
W
N

Nintendo,Sony and Sega are leaving behind what brought so many customers to buy there consoles in the first place, for pure, uninhibited fun. Not Internet Access, not the best looking graphics and certainly not the best tehnoclogical boasts. Imagine three boys called Nintendo,Sega and Sony (now theres a great idea of what to call my children! I've been stumped on that for months)they'll be in a playgorund and arguing over who has the best hairtsyle. Nintendos is good because he uses the best quality gel(gameplay) Segas is good becuse he uses extensions (Internet Access) and Sonys is good because it's in fashion (Graphics) Now which one would you pick? I'd pick Gameplay over everything else, it seems the ost sensible thing to choose. What would you pick?. Unless the big companys realise soon that gameplay rules, graphics comes second and additional extras help, alot of people are going to not be able to afford what they have to offer.

sorry to rant on but I feel quite strongly about this

Coxy
Sat 20/01/01 at 01:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The internet on consoles not for multiplayer games...

Its a gimmic, an add-on, a selling point... notinthg to get in a flap about... just something so they can stick on adverts...

Although maybe... with hard drives and all... it'll mean developers will start being sloppy with the code, like they are with PC games, and finally Console users will be stuck downloading 6MB patches for their software... justice at last! :)

-- If a mute swears does his mother wash his hands out with soap?
Sat 20/01/01 at 12:58
Regular
What? Multiplaying online is the future. The GC needs online Mario Kart or perfect dark.
Sat 20/01/01 at 17:04
Regular
Exactly! Read my topic!
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:11
Regular
Excuse me but nintendo has had online capabilities since the time the could trade bank infomation over the NES yes NES and the reason why the PS2 and Xbox are seen as PC's is because of the fact of DVD players, Music players, computer programming and that is why Sony have had to pay the price of a super computer when it comes to exporting their product unlike Nintendo who don't.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
No, no, sorry... I typed my responce badly...

I ment that consoles using the internet for things apart from multiplayer games...

Multiplayer internaet console games are in my opion a great idea!...

But sticking a browser onto a console, and selling it as a games console & internet machine is just a gimmick...

By the ay... who the hell would ever trade bank information on their NES... what level on insanity would they have to be working on? :)

--- If a funeral procession is at night, do people drive with there lights off?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.