GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online capabilities..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/08/00 at 23:24
Regular
What I want to know from you people is:

Do you just want internet access purely to play games on the Dolphin/Starcube/whatever?

And what else would you like, aside from games?

Me personally, I would be more than happy for it to be just for games. If this is case, there will be no need for a hardrive (like PS2). I mean, if you want a PC, go buy a Pc, not a console, that's what I say.
Sat 07/04/01 at 08:49
is that u simon edwards or are u a newbie?
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:23
to ortega

the gamecube is only 11cm high but with the top open i'd say an extra 7cm so that makes it 18 cm tall!!
I'd stick on the floor anyway cos then you get to gaze at more surface area of your sexy gamecube!!!!!
Sat 07/04/01 at 01:19
I think the Gamecube will be the best next-generation console around the globe!!!!
It will knock all competition out of the water ( PS2 and X-Box ) The Gamecube has the best graphics chip out of them all!!!! Even though Gamecube runs at 405mhz and X-Box at 733mhz, a 405mhz power pc proccessor is faster than a 733mhz Pentium 3 proccessor running at full capacity!!!!! The vcr sized PS2 weighs 2.5 kg and the clunky suitcase looking X-Box weighs 4kg+, where as the small portable Gamecube weighs only 200-300g!!!!!! I think by the end of this console war the ratings will stand :

1# Gamecube

2# X-Box

3# PS2

4# already dead Dreamcast!!!
Fri 02/03/01 at 00:54
I admit that the Gamecube is mighty sweet, but I won't ignore that it will have competition; the other three aren't just going to roll over and die. But I feel, due to its price and the fact that it'll have, you know, original content (and not just cross-platform games), it should do remarkably well *despite* the other three.

As for who will reign supreme, I suppose that depends upon what you mean by that: Will the Gamecube sell more units than the others? I'd imagine so. Will its games sell as well? That's where the question is: I don't know. I mean, they probably should; after all, they're bringing back Golden Age faves like Link, Samus, and Mario, but there are some people out there who're sick of those. They remember playing those as children and, thus, think of them as childish and not 'cool', as if their young minds didn't know what was 'cool' back then. [I can sort of relate actually to this, but on a completely seperate front. I used to love watching Thundercats as a child and, now that I've seen reruns of them on the Cartoon Network, I've come to a similar conclusion that, as a child, I was a total idiot.]
Thu 01/03/01 at 22:48
Playstation poo is rubbish I mean who want's a console that mainly focuses on DVD's. Consols are supposed to play games not DVD's. Gamecube only plays games and will eliminate PS2,XBox,Dreamcast and any other products Sony and company throw at it. And I wish to finish by saying "DA GAMECUBE IS DA BEST."
Fri 23/02/01 at 16:17
Regular
I think it's Mitsumi... but it doesn't matter.

The DVD playing one will be out quite a while after the non-DVD one... so is it worth the wait? Perhaps.

I just want to play games though. So I shall not be waiting... after all, I've already got a DVD player.
Fri 23/02/01 at 12:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo wrote:
> Excuse me but nintendo has had online capabilities since the time
> the could trade bank infomation over the NES yes NES and the reason
> why the PS2 and Xbox are seen as PC's is because of the fact of DVD
> players, Music players, computer programming and that is why Sony
> have had to pay the price of a super computer when it comes to
> exporting their product unlike Nintendo who don't.

Panasonic are supposedly making a DVD compatible GC, for a higer price (I think it's Panasonic anyway).
Thu 22/02/01 at 20:29
the nintendo gamecube is going to be very good.
Wed 24/01/01 at 01:13
Regular
all i want from the gamecube is the ability for it to fit next to my video recorder. in my stand for my tv ihave about 15 cm height. the gamecube is about 12cm high so does anybody know high it is with the top open?

if not not to worry, i could just put it on the floor. This will be the true gamers console. it doesnt matter why u put it. nintendo have 20+ years of experience. they are the best in the business. every developer out there should show some respec and develop games for nintendo. after all...without nintendo would many of them exist today?
Wed 24/01/01 at 00:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I don't really mind about the on-line capabilities as long as it is:

Purely used for games
Has no 'Nintendo GC user Website rubbish'
Can harness lots of players...no slow stuff.
Has Mario as the online host...you know a virtual helper Mario who can take you where you want to go the game you want to be in..etc.

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.