GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems editing Skyscraper"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/06/10 at 19:05
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Im slowly losing it!! I thought this was supposed to be easy!!
Ive managed to get one short skyscraper in place but want to put another under it AND CAN'T. But what is incredibly more frustrating is that I cant manipulate the image within said s'scraper. The requisite dots and arrows appear but when I click and try to drag the pic NOTHING HAPPENS. The pic is hiding the the title and ANOTHER THING that does not make any sense! When I 'saved' pic and title a message appeared saying that my title is INVALID !
WHAT,in the name of Zeus,is going on?
By the way,this is Mrs Welsh Blagging Git as the Main Man is having a kip. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sun 20/06/10 at 17:17
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
LukeM wrote:
> The skyscraper is designed to place thin content either side of
> your website, you therefore get to add one skyscraper per side
> (left and right) of each page.
>
> If you want to display more information on one side, I suggest
> you add it to your skyscraper you have on that side beneath your
> current content.
>
> As for positioning multiple images, you can place one atop
> another but due to the width restrictions you will not be able to
> place them side by side, unless I am missing your point.

HiLukeM,
sorry for not writing sooner to thank you for your advice which
makes a lot more sense to me now than it did then--my fault entirely!! I've now watched the video,listened to a tutorial (realise I should've done so before thinking myself too clever by half!!) and now the skyscrapers are in situ and I have more of an idea as to what I'm doing.
Cheers and thanks again
Fri 11/06/10 at 19:30
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
The skyscraper is designed to place thin content either side of your website, you therefore get to add one skyscraper per side (left and right) of each page.

If you want to display more information on one side, I suggest you add it to your skyscraper you have on that side beneath your current content.

As for positioning multiple images, you can place one atop another but due to the width restrictions you will not be able to place them side by side, unless I am missing your point.
Fri 11/06/10 at 19:05
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Im slowly losing it!! I thought this was supposed to be easy!!
Ive managed to get one short skyscraper in place but want to put another under it AND CAN'T. But what is incredibly more frustrating is that I cant manipulate the image within said s'scraper. The requisite dots and arrows appear but when I click and try to drag the pic NOTHING HAPPENS. The pic is hiding the the title and ANOTHER THING that does not make any sense! When I 'saved' pic and title a message appeared saying that my title is INVALID !
WHAT,in the name of Zeus,is going on?
By the way,this is Mrs Welsh Blagging Git as the Main Man is having a kip. PLEASE HELP!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.