GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Day In The Life Of An XBox Gamer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 23:22
Regular
Last night I played my XBox from the moment I got in from work to the moment I went to bed. It helped me realise why the Micorsoft machine comes out as my favourite gaming experience, this is how my night went...

Got in from work, switched on my XBox and stuck in Moto GP 2, eager to raise the stats of my custom bike for online races. After like an hour of playing the game, an invite from one of my online buddies flashes up in the corner of the screen.

I bring up my friends list to see whose invited me and what game they're playing. I've been invited to play Moto GP 2 so I decide to take my custom bike online and have a laugh. I'm taken to the lobby of the game I've been invited to and there are around 10 players chatting. I have a laugh with them and shortly after I'm playing in a big multiplayer race.
After around 3 hours of racing online, one my online friends whose turned up is quick to ask me if I have the latest Mech Assault downloads.

Straight after the race that followed, I switched to Mech Assault and got myself straight to the download area and downloaded the capture the flag mode, a couple of new maps and a couple of new mechs - sweet !
I play a couple of Mech Assault games and then decide to get offline cause its getting late and I have work the next day.
I take out the game and goto the music area of the dashboard. I then play the music on my harddrive while I change for bed and read a couple of sections of my latest official XBox mag.

And there you have it and to me, this is the kind of gaming life Microsoft gives that the competition doesn't match at least for now.
With Moto GP 2 having the friends list available at all times - even when not playing online, its easy to see that Microsoft's finished article of its gaming experience is gradually coming together.
At the moment they're apparently getting developers to all make their games "Live Aware". Basically even if they have no online multiplayer options or downloadable content, Microsoft still want them to include the friends list in the options so players can contact eachother at anytime while they are playing on their XBox consoles.

Its great owning the XBox as your given so many options when playing games. What I told you above was on a Tuesday night. Its so great being able to switch from playing a game on my own to playing a large scale multiplayer within a couple of button presses.
For all the worries of people not using the headset, these seem pretty unfounded as whenever I go online, I always have a great laugh with everyone. :-)

Now before I get people on the attack with comments like "yeah well not everyone can get online" and "yeah but my console has got better games, blah, BS, blah" - this is based on my experience and how it provides the gaming experience to my tastes in games.
All the 3 of the consoles have great games that I enjoy, but the XBox provides the biggest quantity of what I like to play and provides me with the best options when it comes to how I like to play them.
Cheers Microsoft ! Now I'm off to play Moto GP 2 for a little while before I goto bed.
Thu 29/05/03 at 23:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Thats a very nice selection. Just watch you dont get sunburn playing them.
Thu 29/05/03 at 23:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zelda
SOA:L
Halo
PGR
SC
Sega GT
JSRF

All coming very soon.

First two in next week.

I could spend all summer on them.....

*could*
Thu 29/05/03 at 20:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Those 2 games should keep you going for quite awhile. ;-)
Thu 29/05/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> Also, I haven't played Halo right through but my cousin just sold his X-> Box so I'm getting Halo off him for a tenner, just to catch up with the > story so I'm quite looking forward to it now.

I think this has been the best week for me in terms of buying games. I actually have to give my cousin £15 for Halo now, but I'm also going to buy PGR from my Uncle for £10.

Halo and PGR for £25. Not too bad.

;)
Thu 29/05/03 at 18:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Pikmin

NFL Fever 2003 !

Oh...Thought we were playing that game name thing...

Anyway shut it muppet - Halo grass rules ! :-) Er, things that are....grassy.
Tue 27/05/03 at 23:52
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Wouldnt make any difference. As the system still plays 800x600. My
> friend has a VGA box for the PS2 and to be honest it looks worst than
> a TV with a good RGB cable. He has his a 22 inch monitor on 1600x1200
> so its not like its a crappy 15inch 800x600 set up.
>
> Now if you hooked up Halo onto a High Def TV then you would see the
> improvement.

adrian; the fountain of knowledge for everything, it seems.

;D
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:57
Regular
Pikmin
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:50
Regular
Its the best looking video game grass ;)
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:28
Regular
Mmmm. Good point.

But still....
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
Look at the ground, start to look further away.

Notcie that it isn't too far at all before the grass looks much less realistic, and more of just a blur of colours.

It doesn't load the most detailed texture until you're right on top of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.