GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any Beastie Boys Fans Here?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 22:30
Regular
(anyone wondering who the beastie boys are you know fight for your right to party? well that was done by them)

I hope i'm not the only one here who likes the only band to successfully make the transition from rock to hip hop with their reps still intact and if anyone says limp bizkit has as well then all hope been lost for you. anyway what's your favourite beastie boys songs and album.
(anyone wondering who the beastie boys are you know fight for your right to party? well that was done by them)

my top 5 songs from them gotta be (even though there's so many to choose from)

1. Paul Revere
2. Johnny Ryall
3. Girls (this up so high as it the only song to make me keep laughing even though i've heard it like a kajillion times.
4. Egg Man (another funny song from the boys)
5. 3 MC's and 1 DJ (just straight beastie hip hop. no gimmiks no nothing just them in the room with 3 mics and mix master mike just jamming. pure excellence)

top album gotta be Paul's Boutique. that album is so great only Licenced to Ill comes close to it. So many crazy beats and lyrics there just what the beasties are about. some subliminal messages too if you can get them. quite alot of good stuff on there
Sun 04/11/01 at 20:41
they should be praised for their help to the tibetans and for doing the tibetan freedom concerts. you don't see Britney doing that well not unless she's got a new album coming out soon anyway
Sun 04/11/01 at 14:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not Really.

Their not bad, but I hate the fact that because the Beastie Boys are for helping Tibetens (sp) that everyone else does and forgets about everybody else if you know what I mean.
Sun 04/11/01 at 14:01
well they couldn't have done any worse than bloody sum 41 when they did no sleep til brooklyn at the mtv 20th birthday party. they totally killed that song when they sung it
Sun 04/11/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ben Hodgetts wrote:

>i've got the anthology DVD of the boys and
> that's it and that thing took ages to find. my advice is go to the official site

It's just because it's a Criterion disk, they're only stocked in a few choice place and even then very few carry a wide range. Just ordered it from Play.
Sun 04/11/01 at 13:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Did you know a punk rock band called Pennywise covered 'Fight for your right to party' as a bonus (hidden) track on their album unknown road (I think they did anyways, I'll have to listen to it and check l8er!)
Sat 03/11/01 at 19:09
it's rumoured they're nearing completion of the next album which should be out 2002 sometime and the title i've heard thrown around at the moment is 'still ill' though that's not definite.
i've got the anthology DVD of the boys and that's it and that thing took ages to find. my advice is go to the official site and buy the stuff from the store but it will result in extra shipping charges so make sure what your buying is the highest quality first
Sat 03/11/01 at 17:58
Regular
"not dead"
I've only got the best of/anthology album, but I think it's great.

Too many top songs to name a favourite though!
Sat 03/11/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
What are they doing at the moment? Must be time for something new.

Love the Beasties - Sabotage is one of the best ever tunes to drive with, blasting.

Anyone picked up their DVD - the Criterion one, not the onther dodgy ones. I've been meaning to buy it for ages, but never had that definitive recommendation to push me over the edge in turning thoughts to actions.
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:36
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
The best Beastie's album for me is Pauls Boutique , but Hello Nasty also rules!
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:59
yea i can tell you've never heard of them lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.