GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pssssst"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3049609.stm
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3049609.stm
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Nothing new really, saw this topic headline and thought you were talking about the Spectrum game Pssst by the way.

Silly topic subject lines should be banned :)
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
True
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:42
Regular
Back onto the original topic.

It is rather worrying to know the fact that Gamecube profits are'nt shaping up as Nintendo expected. The Gamecube is failing, and Nintendo need to get off their backsides to do something about it.

"The firm's profits fell to 67.3bn yen (£350m; $572m), and it has predicted a further fall in profits in the current year."

ack.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:45
Regular
Ninty are a lazy bunch of chimps when it comes to marketing.

Nevermind though, as long as they carry on making games i'll be happy.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Ninty are a lazy bunch of chimps when it comes to marketing.
>
> Nevermind though, as long as they carry on making games i'll be happy.

Exactly.

Nintendo need to do something though, otherwise there'll be no Gamecube altogether.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:51
Regular
It's sometimes hard to know who to believe on these kinds of things, 'an analyst' - hmm, doesn't seem completely convincing, and the facts and figures are kind of tricky to put in context.

Ah well, it's a shame things aren't going as well as we'd like, and I think whoevers' figures you take you'd have to agree that things aren't exactly rosy. But so long as I still get the games it's not that big an issue what proportion of the rest of the world do too...
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:23
Regular
I don't think they will fail. I mean look at the E3 line-up! It's supurb and did you see the screenshot of Zelda, underneath it says "Can cute game characters save Nintendo." The Zelda series is not "cute" it may look bold and colourful but underneath they are great games. And calling Nintendo a "kiddy console" just makes me laugh.
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:23
"period drama"
The general public are all a bit stupid, really, aren't they?
I haven't touched my PS2 since I got my GC about 2 months ago and would say, at the moment, it's got nothing going for it.
Every PS2 game released lately seems to fall just below the standard and dissapoint - I've seen very little that interests me.
Yet it still sells.
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh my god I think I might have to go and stab myself.
Not a loss of profit for a company I have nothing to do with!
NOT THAT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.