GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frames in html...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 17:14
Regular
just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to get 2 images so close to a frameset that they join up? been putting all frame settings to '0' but there is still a massive gap where the frame line is.. any ideas?
Wed 07/11/01 at 19:33
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I use either DreamWeaver 4 or DreamWeaver Ultradev...depending which copmuter I am on. And whenever I try that it works, no problems. I just go to Modify>Page Propeties>then change the border to 0 and the frames to 0.
Sun 04/11/01 at 16:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Darkus wrote:
> just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to get 2 images so close
> to a frameset that they join up? been putting all frame settings to '0' but
> there is still a massive gap where the frame line is.. any ideas?

What are you using to design the WebPage?

I know when you do it in Dreaweaver, it does tend to add a bit of formatting code that often stops images for connecting...

(especially with line breaks)

Also... If you place all image statements on one line, one after another, it can remove any unwanted spaces/linebreaks/etc... which often cause probems

You may want to nab a table from another site...

Pretty much any site will do, most seem to use tables with the same formatting you are after (even SR)

A fantastic site for HTML help is www.htmlgoodies.com

Its non-profit too!
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I ph33r running Netscape through that!
Sun 04/11/01 at 14:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Looks good to me Luke :o).
Sun 04/11/01 at 13:09
Have a look at luke.ac6.org/clients/cornerstone/index.html for an example of making a frameset look less like a frameset and more like a pretty curvy thing..

I used a fairly ugly CSS hack, it appears, but it gets the job done:

background-image: url("images/curve.gif")

-luke
Sun 04/11/01 at 09:29
Regular
"..."
Mind if I ask what the Web Site is, wouldn't mind seeing what it
> looks like.

no probs, will tell you when i upload it!
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Cool :o)

Mind if I ask what the Web Site is, wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like.
Sat 03/11/01 at 10:29
Regular
"..."
cjh wrote:
> I think ... can't remember off hand, but in the Two Seperate Web Pages, the ones
> you used in the actual Frame, you have to put something like MARGINWIDTH=0 and
> MARGINHEIGHT=0 in the Tag.

You are a html genius! It worked!
Cheers dude.
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:38
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think ... can't remember off hand, but in the Two Seperate Web Pages, the ones you used in the actual Frame, you have to put something like MARGINWIDTH=0 and MARGINHEIGHT=0 in the Tag.

Try it and let me know if that was it!!!
Fri 02/11/01 at 17:14
Regular
"..."
just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to get 2 images so close to a frameset that they join up? been putting all frame settings to '0' but there is still a massive gap where the frame line is.. any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.