GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameStudio..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 16:55
Regular
Got a Datel GameStudio? Great! Wondering which games to splash out on? Wonder no more 'cos here's my guide of ten games which make the most of the large screen, gives PS2 owners the chance to indulge in games not available on the Sony console and is quite simply damn good fun to play.

Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword
The Playstation's awash with Lara games, so why play a Tomb Raider title designed for a handheld? Two reasons; firstly, it offers an exclusive adventure never seen on any other format, and secondly, it's damned good fun! Lara looks great in 2D, and the Tomb Raider atmosphere is all here. If you're a die-hard follower of Lara's career, you can't do without it.

PokÈmon Gold & Silver
Ever wondered what all the fuss is about? Now you can see for yourself! Considering it's known as a kiddie fad, it's surprising just how good these games are. Picking up clues, gathering PokÈmon and putting them to the test in battle is very rewarding. PokÈmon Gold & Silver are the best of the Game Boy series, but as they play almost identically, I recommend you buy one or the other, not both.

Denki Blocks!
You can't keep a good puzzler down! Denki Blocks requires lots of brainpower and no physical labour - it's all knowing how to solve its 200 levels that's important, not guiding the bricks into place. It would work well on any system, and its straightforward graphics don't matter one bit.

Legend of Zelda DX
Playstation owners have never experienced the joys of a Zelda game, but with a GameStudio you can check out the greatest of them all. Legend of Zelda DX mixes RPG exploration with real-time arcade combat, and it does this brilliantly. A thinking person's action game or an action gamer's RPG? Legend of Zelda DX is all this and more.

Cannon Fodder
War has never been so much fun! This is a near-perfect conversion of the Amiga game, and one of the most original blasters ever. Although action-based, it takes brains as well as brawn to guide your grunts through the game's 72 missions. In fact, the only problem was that on the Game Boy, the screen size made some of the details difficult to see. No such hassles on the GameStudio!

One of the coolest things about the Game Boy scene is how you can check out near-perfect versions of classic games from the past. 1942 is such a game. It's a sizzling shooter from the old school, with few frills but lots of action. It's 2D, it's vertically-scrolling and it's as much fun as it was in its eighties heyday.

Mario Tennis
There's some great tennis sims on the PSX, but none have the humour and pick-up-and-playability of Mario Tennis. Featuring all the expected characters from Mario's world, you can play a quick game, a championship and even develop your player RPG-style in a career mode. Cool!

Metal Gear Solid
Another chance to flesh out the storylines of your favourite PS series. This version of Metal Gear Solid is unique to the Game Boy, and despite its 8-bit graphics, it retains all the stealth action of its big cousins. If you ain't played it, you ain't completed the Metal Gear Solid saga.

R-Type DX
Coin-op conversions don't get any better than this. R-Type DX offers near-perfect ports of R-Type, R-Type 2 and a Deluxe version as a bonus. It even throws in their (slightly different) black and white versions. Incredible! R-Type is a piece of gaming history, and this is the ideal way to play it.

Super Mario Bros DX
Last but DEFINITELY not least is Mario's coin-collecting, pipe-probing, baddie-bashing platformer, the game which made Mario the star he is today. A perfect conversion and some of the best level design ever makes this one as fresh and exciting as the day it first hit the arcades. Video gaming doesn't get any better than this...

There's my guide for the GameStudio. Still want more? I suggest you search elsewhere...
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Got a Datel GameStudio? Great! Wondering which games to splash out on? Wonder no more 'cos here's my guide of ten games which make the most of the large screen, gives PS2 owners the chance to indulge in games not available on the Sony console and is quite simply damn good fun to play.

Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword
The Playstation's awash with Lara games, so why play a Tomb Raider title designed for a handheld? Two reasons; firstly, it offers an exclusive adventure never seen on any other format, and secondly, it's damned good fun! Lara looks great in 2D, and the Tomb Raider atmosphere is all here. If you're a die-hard follower of Lara's career, you can't do without it.

PokÈmon Gold & Silver
Ever wondered what all the fuss is about? Now you can see for yourself! Considering it's known as a kiddie fad, it's surprising just how good these games are. Picking up clues, gathering PokÈmon and putting them to the test in battle is very rewarding. PokÈmon Gold & Silver are the best of the Game Boy series, but as they play almost identically, I recommend you buy one or the other, not both.

Denki Blocks!
You can't keep a good puzzler down! Denki Blocks requires lots of brainpower and no physical labour - it's all knowing how to solve its 200 levels that's important, not guiding the bricks into place. It would work well on any system, and its straightforward graphics don't matter one bit.

Legend of Zelda DX
Playstation owners have never experienced the joys of a Zelda game, but with a GameStudio you can check out the greatest of them all. Legend of Zelda DX mixes RPG exploration with real-time arcade combat, and it does this brilliantly. A thinking person's action game or an action gamer's RPG? Legend of Zelda DX is all this and more.

Cannon Fodder
War has never been so much fun! This is a near-perfect conversion of the Amiga game, and one of the most original blasters ever. Although action-based, it takes brains as well as brawn to guide your grunts through the game's 72 missions. In fact, the only problem was that on the Game Boy, the screen size made some of the details difficult to see. No such hassles on the GameStudio!

One of the coolest things about the Game Boy scene is how you can check out near-perfect versions of classic games from the past. 1942 is such a game. It's a sizzling shooter from the old school, with few frills but lots of action. It's 2D, it's vertically-scrolling and it's as much fun as it was in its eighties heyday.

Mario Tennis
There's some great tennis sims on the PSX, but none have the humour and pick-up-and-playability of Mario Tennis. Featuring all the expected characters from Mario's world, you can play a quick game, a championship and even develop your player RPG-style in a career mode. Cool!

Metal Gear Solid
Another chance to flesh out the storylines of your favourite PS series. This version of Metal Gear Solid is unique to the Game Boy, and despite its 8-bit graphics, it retains all the stealth action of its big cousins. If you ain't played it, you ain't completed the Metal Gear Solid saga.

R-Type DX
Coin-op conversions don't get any better than this. R-Type DX offers near-perfect ports of R-Type, R-Type 2 and a Deluxe version as a bonus. It even throws in their (slightly different) black and white versions. Incredible! R-Type is a piece of gaming history, and this is the ideal way to play it.

Super Mario Bros DX
Last but DEFINITELY not least is Mario's coin-collecting, pipe-probing, baddie-bashing platformer, the game which made Mario the star he is today. A perfect conversion and some of the best level design ever makes this one as fresh and exciting as the day it first hit the arcades. Video gaming doesn't get any better than this...

There's my guide for the GameStudio. Still want more? I suggest you search elsewhere...
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:59
Regular
Whats a Datle Game Studio?
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Joe_Poly wrote:
> Whats a Datle Game Studio?

Well basically, its a compilation for your Game Boy/colour. You can play a huge range of your mostloved Game Boy titles using a bigger screen. Believe me it's fantastic!

With the GameStudio you can also create and play your own games.

Great!!!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.