GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second hand consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 16:24
Regular
Does anyone know how much shops like G*me and El*ctronics B*utique charge for second hand consoles (ie. Dreamcast and N64)? Do they only come with one controller and a game? I feel like making some profits by selling mine on e-bay and buy them again cheap in a shop.
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:24
Does anyone know how much shops like G*me and El*ctronics B*utique charge for second hand consoles (ie. Dreamcast and N64)? Do they only come with one controller and a game? I feel like making some profits by selling mine on e-bay and buy them again cheap in a shop.
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:33
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Do you want to sell a console to them, or buy one off them? GameStation also do this kind of thing, but I have no idea how much they'll give you for it.

Ok. My guess is something like £30 for a second hand N64. Expect less for a PlayStation.
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Shocktrooper wrote:

> My guess is something like £30 for a second hand N64. Expect less for a
> PlayStation.

Funny but its not!

Its more for a Playstation than it is for an N64

Crazy Crazy world :o)
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:10
Regular
You won't make out if you sell on E-Bay, the buyers (me!) get the stuff for really low prices.
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:20
Regular
actually playstations go for alot more than N64s do shocktrooper

you're best off sticking it in the ad mag or loot people are stupid and will pay stupid amounts of moolah on that
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:23
Mystique wrote:
> actually playstations go for alot more than N64s do shocktrooper

you're best
> off sticking it in the ad mag or loot people are stupid and will pay stupid
> amounts of moolah on that

at gamestation N64's were cheaper than playstations a year ago
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:26
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Chr!stos wrote:
> Does anyone know how much shops like G*me and El*ctronics B*utique charge for
> second hand consoles (ie. Dreamcast and N64)? Do they only come with one
> controller and a game?

Do you mean, "How much would I get for selling mine to a game shop?", because it doesn't make sense if you don't. You wouldn't get much for it, that's all I can say. Cash Converters gave my friend £4 for a £20 DVD, but he refused.

I feel like making some profits by selling mine on e-bay
> and buy them again cheap in a shop.

Be careful, I've seen N64's go for peanuts on there, as in £4-5. I am making a decent profit from E-Bay. So far, I've made £18.50 in 2 weeks. Not bad eh? I have £13 on me at the moment, but am expecting 2 cheques anyday now (£4.50 and the other is £5.50). So, that should take me up £22 by the end of week, giving me enough to buy 2 games! Mmm, lets see. Any suggestions? Cheers. Gaming Guy.
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:36
"possibly impossible"
You know, I was really tempted today. A SNES was brought in, with a Super Gameboy included and THE BOX as well, intact!!! Loads of Snes games too.

hm. I'd have bought it, but I don't think I could have got away with setting it up at home. I just about got away with buying the battery pack tonight from SR, as bomberman Tournament is running down far too many batteries!
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:38
Gaming Guy wrote:
> Chr!stos wrote:
> Does anyone know how much shops like G*me and El*ctronics
> B*utique charge for
> second hand consoles (ie. Dreamcast and N64)? Do they
> only come with one
> controller and a game?

Do you mean, "How much
> would I get for selling mine to a game shop?", because it doesn't make
> sense if you don't. You wouldn't get much for it, that's all I can say. Cash
> Converters gave my friend £4 for a £20 DVD, but he refused.

I
> feel like making some profits by selling mine on e-bay
> and buy them again
> cheap in a shop.

first does your tag have anything to do with my name? those of you who dont watch wrestling dont try and figure it out. and do you buy N64's of e-bay for £5 or sell them other people for that much?

Be careful, I've seen N64's go for peanuts on there, as in
> £4-5. I am making a decent profit from E-Bay. So far, I've made
> £18.50 in 2 weeks. Not bad eh? I have £13 on me at the moment, but
> am expecting 2 cheques anyday now (£4.50 and the other is £5.50).
> So, that should take me up £22 by the end of week, giving me enough to buy
> 2 games! Mmm, lets see. Any suggestions? Cheers. Gaming Guy.
Fri 11/06/10 at 15:28
.....managed to remove the bearings from the BB cups :-)
Checked the net and found replacement hybrid ceramic bearings 6805 RS £15 each ;-)
Can anyone find a better price?...............

Apparently, ceramic are twice as hard as steel and smoother.

Bearings have a quality index ie ABEC 0 to 7 with ABEC 7 being the highest quality. The bearings fitted to MTB are probably ABEC 3 rated.... ;-)

BTW... full ceramic are about £40 each!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.