GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 10:50
Regular
Oh yes, Metal Gear Solid 2 is all ready and done for a US and Japanese release for all you importing freaks out there.

Still, once again we unlucky British in the world of gaming have to wait at least a month or two 'til we can get our sweaty little paws on it. Bummer!!

Well, let's just hope it's worth the wait!

:)
Fri 02/11/01 at 10:50
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Oh yes, Metal Gear Solid 2 is all ready and done for a US and Japanese release for all you importing freaks out there.

Still, once again we unlucky British in the world of gaming have to wait at least a month or two 'til we can get our sweaty little paws on it. Bummer!!

Well, let's just hope it's worth the wait!

:)
Fri 02/11/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
MGS2 will be all well and good, and I have to admit it's impressive, but the thing is... if you didn't like the first one, you're not gonna like this one... it's exactly the same gameplay, camera style, weapon select...

One question:

"Is the whole game set on that one ship? Does anyone know what the other levels are like?"

(That was two questions.... :D)

Well....
Fri 02/11/01 at 14:55
Regular
"Wobble"
The game does definitely move off of the ship, but information about the other areas has been severely limited by Konami to avoid giving too much of the story away.

It would be nice if the magazines respected and kept up this idea for a couple of months after the game is released, too, so as not to spoil it for everyone. I know you don't have to read the articles, but we all know that - just like trying to avoid football scores before you've seen the highlights - someone or something always gives it away.

You can guarantee, though, that the mags will be climbing over each other trying to be first with the 'exclusive' news, with no thought given to whether or not the public actually WANT to know everything before they've played it.
Fri 02/11/01 at 15:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
True - But then again, magazines take about a month to ready - there's no way they'll get it 'in' in time and plus, if they hand out a shoddy review just so they can say they're the first magazine to do it they'll:

Lose many readers because they spoilt the ending
Annoy lots of gamers

The chances are, they'll take a good month to write the perfect review - that way, people have a decent amount of time to play the game, and even if you don't own a PS2 the game will be everywhere as soon as it's launched in all the SR pods etc... most people will be able to blagg the game from their parents anyway, you might even have some Christmas money left...
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Wow, I didn't know there was action off the ship, as well as on! Thanks for the info.

I do know that it's going to absolutely fantastic - to some it'll be better than GTA3.

I simply can't wait...
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im sure it will be well worth the wait!! I heard the action off the boat takes place around New York city - Be interesting to see anyway!!

Cant wait either!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.