GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I doing something wrong?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 20:55
Regular
On Silent Cartographer, the bit with two hunters in the basement of the security place.

4 plasma grenades, 4 flak grenades, 30 head shots with the pistol on zoom and 300 bullets from my assualt rifle.

The hunter does not die, stolls up to me and kills me in one.

Now I was under the impression that guns and big explosions kill things, though I may be wrong in this instance. How do I kill them?
Fri 23/05/03 at 20:55
Regular
On Silent Cartographer, the bit with two hunters in the basement of the security place.

4 plasma grenades, 4 flak grenades, 30 head shots with the pistol on zoom and 300 bullets from my assualt rifle.

The hunter does not die, stolls up to me and kills me in one.

Now I was under the impression that guns and big explosions kill things, though I may be wrong in this instance. How do I kill them?
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:23
Regular
You see the orange bit on their chests? One shot with either the pistol or sniper will kill them. Either orange bit on back of chest or neck area.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Are they these giant blue things with spikes on them?

Yeah, don't they carry a shield or summat?

Can't remember.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:27
Regular
Also another tip...

You know with the tall creatures that take a LOT of bullets to get rid of? If you go for their pelvis area or a very small area on the chest you can avoid their electrical defence charge. This will come in handy when you are on the later levels.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
Their whole body is armour apart from the orange areas. Don't use anything other than the Pistol or Sniper Rifle as you need the ammo and one shot from either of these will get rid of them. What difficulty you playing?
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:43
Regular
ahhh

So shooting them in the head does nothing?

Cheers
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
On the back of their neck you will see a strip of orange. If you go close to them (i.e a couple of metres) they will not fire their cannon at you. If you stop in the middle and wait for them to charge at you it is easy to move out of the way and shoot them once in either orange area. Best to take everything in the area out first and leave them so you can get close enough to save your bullets and take them out with one shot. Shooting them anywhere else is useless as it is bullet proof.
Fri 23/05/03 at 23:00
Regular
Also, if the hunter gets close, wait for it to extend itself to full height before it melee attacks you, just shoot his orange stomach with a pistol and they usually die in one.
Sat 24/05/03 at 13:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah aim at any orange area to damage the sod. One tactic is to let him charge you, circle him, then shoot him in the back as he charges past.
Sometimes I like to fight him - let him charge, dodge then use melee attacks on him. ;-)
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
frag grenades,you've gotta hit its skin or orange areas

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.