GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Bantering From Me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 22:56
Regular
Well, I'm in the mood for chatting tonight, but because I haven't got long, you should expect the occassional spelling mistakes due to speed-typing.

What am I going to talk about? To be honest, I'm not sure myself. Just some mildly intellectual chatter about life, school, and perhaps the odd bit of wrestling.

School's been getting me down lately. I wake up every morning and sigh, some could say dreading the day ahead of me. Why? Well, I think the problem is I already know what I want to do in life. I decided a few weeks ago that I want to use my writing skills to their full potential-my final target to become a successful author. I'm not too sure how I'm going to get there, but with some help from friends (people I know in person and people from these chat forums,) and from God, I reckon I can make it.

I don't like school because I spend nearly half my day, basically the main part of the day, in a dreary building, mostly learning about what the electromagnetic spectrum is, or some other crap like that. As Matt said last night, it probably will be worth it when it's over, but at the moment I'd really rather be at home, adding to my next story (which is coming along well, but I don't have enough damn time to add to it,) than being in school learning how to work out sixteen to the power of two thirds.

Today was thursday. We're in week B, and that meant that today my lessons were, in this order: German, French, Chemistry, PE and Physics. I don't like German because the whole of my class is full of 'hardnuts,' who muck about all the time, and in the end it's pure havoc, which unfortunately, I can't get involved in because I'm not a member of the 'cool' gang. I'm good at French, but the lessons often bore me, and lately it's been a lot harder than usual. So, the morning is usually hell for me.

Chemistry is boring, but PE was fun (very good today, had fun playing tennis,) and Biology...well, the teacher is bad enough, and it's got to be one of the most dull lessons ever.

But enough of school, this is a WWF Forum, and what we really should be talking about. I was thinking of how I came to like it, and I'm not sure myself. I remember turning it on and actually watching WCW, in a episode where Sid Vicious turned on Hulk Hogan. I thought it was really good, and it was quite exciting. I didn't realise the difference when I started watching WWF on C4, my first ever match being Too Cool defending their tag titles in a 4-way tag match at KOTR 2000. That's how I came to support them...I first watched them lose the tag titles, and never saw them regain them...

Going off the topic of WWF again, I had a nightmare a while ago, a very real one, in which...for some reason I can't remember, I was killed. I woke up, scared half to death. I was watching the news the other day, and I saw some of the suffering people in Afghanistan had gone through over the past few years, and what they're going through now. To be honest, I can't really imagine what hell they're living through. Every singly day these people fear for there lives, and their friends' and families' lives. I don't think I could contemplate that...

One more thing I'd like to stress is that you lead a good life. I'm no angel myself, but I know how much difference it can make when someone does, or says something nice about you. Too often I insult people, annoy people and (sometimes not purposefully,) hurt people. I'm a sensitive person, and some comments that have been said to me in my life had really hurt. Not many, not many at all in fact (I'm a lucky person,) but they still hurt. Of course, it's okay to take the p!ss out of people, especially if its a friend as it can be a laugh. But, a nice comment is usually appreciated more than an insult, if you know what I mean. {:)

Well, that's enough of me ranting on about life, but I hope my writing has interested you. It probably hasn't, but then again, you never know.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> dude... that sucks.

Personally, (and this is completely throwaway,
> inexperianced advice), I reckon you should stay in Uni.

But then again, what do you know Cheese? {;)
Mon 05/11/01 at 09:31
Regular
"..."
Cheers for the advice, but I have only withdrawn temporarily form the course. I will re-start my final year next September. Thanks for all the kind words too.
Sun 04/11/01 at 09:01
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
dude... that sucks.

Personally, (and this is completely throwaway, inexperianced advice), I reckon you should stay in Uni.
Sat 03/11/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Back in black"
The Cong Man wrote:
> Ant, you've probably heard this a thousand times...cos I know I did when I was
> your age and I didn't believe it...your school years are the best of your
> life...enjoy them! College is pretty good too, though and uni has it's
> moments...but you'll have so much work to do, you'll wonder why you ever saw
> school as being so bad. Somewhere beyond that, the real world lurks...which is
> so scary, i haven't got there yet :S...

Well, being a bloke who has just finished high school, here's my message to you- "Enjoy high school, it is fun, but it's only fun when you have finoished and you look back. Yolur mates will all go there own seperate ways and you will miss them. Spend quality time with them, buy them coffee.... this is getting silly now. The bottom line is this enjoy what you have before it goes"
Sat 03/11/01 at 21:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, sorry to hear that Cong Man.
Sat 03/11/01 at 08:11
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
The Cong Man wrote:
I found out on
> the Tuesday that my Mum had been diagnosed with her second breast cancer. On
> Friday I wuthdrew from University because of my Mums illness, I felt I couldn't
> concentrate on my study.

Oh my goodness mate, I'm so sorry. I hope that everything works out good for you and your mother in the end mate - good luck and keep your chin up as much as possible.

On Sunday My girlfriend of six months dumped me because
> she wanted to settle down and have children.

Mmm, that stinks too mate, but I would concentrate more on the upper, take care of your mother and god speed - send her my wishes! Again, hope it goes Ok for you mate. Gaming Guy.
Sat 03/11/01 at 07:55
Regular
"..."
Trust me guys life post-school really isn't that brilliant, while I don't want to bring up too much of my personal life. Last week, for example. I found out on the Tuesday that my Mum had been diagnosed with her second breast cancer. On Friday I wuthdrew from University because of my Mums illness, I felt I couldn't concentrate on my study. On Sunday My girlfriend of six months dumped me because she wanted to settle down and have children. Hmmm, life at school seemed somehow so much more uncomplicated.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:04
Regular
"One More Chance"
I started watching wrestling in 1998, i was watching Livewire on Sky One. The first PPV i bought was Survivor series 1998, a great event.
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:03
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Whew... just finsihed shouting at Game, I need a topic to calm me down.

School does indeed suck, and it always will suck. I have 10 GCSE subjects, and in the end I know that at least half of them arn't going to help me in the future. When the hell will Trigenometery help me in life? Maybe if I want build a pyramid... but then I know I aint gonna be an architcht.

I would be much better off sitting in a room somewhere reading a book or writing an essay about god knows what. It's inevitable that i'm gonna end up doing something to do with English - it almost runs in the family. My sister changed her degree course 2 days ago, from Social Phsycology to English. She had actually been attending the English lectures anyway.

But hey, I guess that isn't really too important.

I started watching WWF in early 2000, with Backlash being my first PPV. Untill then, I had had the typical misconceptions about wrestling - men in tights grappeling each other. But I ended up watching the PPV at a sleepover, and I was instantly hooked. Not because of the main event, or the women, or even Chris Jericho. I watched Scotty Too Hotty (Ant cheers) take on Dean Malenko in a LH title match.

I couldn't care less about the belt, or the storyline. I was just very impressed with how well the match told a story. Scotty was getting beaten, and Malenko was working on the knee. This went on for maybe 15 minutes, with Scotty getting brief offense, only to be stopped by a hold from Malenko. The finish came when Scotty set Malenko up for a superplex, and Malenko reversed it into a DDT in mid air. This match was the father to an addiction.

I think thats why I used to like wrasslin more than I do now - I was a mark, and proud of it.

I've never had a dream where I have died. I seem to have this idea that I can't ever die, because I am the hero in the story of my life, and the hero never dies. I wouldn't die for love - I'd take a couple of bullets to the chest and survive for love, but I wouldn't die.

I'm rambeling. Again. I guess I should click that nice little 'Post this message' button.
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Game wrote:
> Ant: You're so cool. I'm not being funny, but you are... you make me laugh and
> your stories are brilliant... what's the next one about?

Heh, thanks for the kind comments. Next one's much more serious than usual-set in the future where society has been ruined by...well, I won't tell you yet, but there's a group of rebels who battle against them, and we follow their story...{:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.