GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who do Nintendo think we are"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 22:52
Regular
After looking down at the list of games to be released on the GBA I was very disappointed to find a lot of old SNES games that I have already played and completed, games like F Zero and Super Mario Bros. 2 being included in the launch (billed as the top games). With games like Mario Kart, Final Fight and Doom following, to name but a few.

What are Nintendo playing at, Mario Bros. 2 is without doubt the worst of the Marios released. This turnip throwing lame game never seemed to fit in with the rest, if the GBA is carrying more memory than the SNES why didnít they release Mario All Stars for Mario 3 was more popular by far.

But what really takes the biscuit is the proposed release of Sonic the Hedgehog ! on a hand held !! HELLO !!! (wait I just blow the dust of this old Game Gear and get that copy of Duran Duran on the gramophone)

Do Nintendo think that people who play Game Boys are to young to remember the SNES games the first time or are they just trying to release as many games as possible without having the cost of producing new games from scratch.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:52
After looking down at the list of games to be released on the GBA I was very disappointed to find a lot of old SNES games that I have already played and completed, games like F Zero and Super Mario Bros. 2 being included in the launch (billed as the top games). With games like Mario Kart, Final Fight and Doom following, to name but a few.

What are Nintendo playing at, Mario Bros. 2 is without doubt the worst of the Marios released. This turnip throwing lame game never seemed to fit in with the rest, if the GBA is carrying more memory than the SNES why didnít they release Mario All Stars for Mario 3 was more popular by far.

But what really takes the biscuit is the proposed release of Sonic the Hedgehog ! on a hand held !! HELLO !!! (wait I just blow the dust of this old Game Gear and get that copy of Duran Duran on the gramophone)

Do Nintendo think that people who play Game Boys are to young to remember the SNES games the first time or are they just trying to release as many games as possible without having the cost of producing new games from scratch.
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:01
Regular
What's wrong with releasing a totally new Sonic game on the Game Boy Advance?

Sonic platform games have always been faster and more action packed than Nintendo's Mario platformers. and I've always enjoyed playing them on the Megadrive!

And you think F-Zero Maximum Velocity is the same as the original? Well it's not! It's set in a different time, the tracks are different and the characters/vehicles are different.

If Super Mario Bros 2 is as bad as you say, then why is Super Mario Advance still in the top 5 in most retailers buyers charts?

Nintendo are hoping that gamers remember the good old SNES days and that's why they are basing most their games so far on SNES titles.

You could always try some of the Playstation ports for GBA, or some of the other 3rd party developers games. Or even some of Nintendo's new games!
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:21
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Alright then - try Advance Wars, Denki Blocks, Castlevania, Tony Hawk 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Rayman Advance, Wario 4, Super Street Fighter II X, Konami Krazy Racers, KuruKuru or Spyro Ice Thingy. Oh, and you can look forward to Golden Sun in a few weeks.

There's the original titles in my collection. Most of them pretty splendid - though some import only ATM.
Fri 02/11/01 at 17:15
Regular
Mario World from the SNES is gonna be released as Super Mario Advance 2, they should of made it SMA 1, more people will of bought it at launch then.
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Most of the games u gave as old Snes titles aren't ports to GBA but updates of the games, maybe featuring similar gameplay, but they are different games. The reason we r getting Snes updates is cos the GBA has the ultimate in 2D power. It is as powerful as a Playstation in terms of bits (GBA is 32-bit as is PSX), but the GBA is specially geared to 2D gameplay cos 3D games are gonna be a bit tricky to play on such a small screen and its' a GameBoy! Games are traditionally pick up and play style and simple. Also if u r looking for reassurance, many of the developers who worked on Secret of Mana on Snes (regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, 16-bit era RPGs) are working on a new RPG for GBA! There are also about 3 1st person shooters being released on GBA which is a pretty big feat considering its' really a 2D system. I think they should bring out a GBA update of Starfox (based on the Snes versions gameplay, though, cos the Snes 1 was a lot harder than the N64 version).

bye for now!
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:19
Regular
I agree totally with what Sibs said
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Someone agrees with me ?!? I think that's a first !
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:31
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
yea...I'm agree with him for the sake of it :)
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
now if only people agreed with me about other subjects too... like maybe... um... I dunno...

ZELDA!
yeah thats a good 1. (but lets face it it's never gonna happen!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.