GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantastic!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Panzer Dragoon Orta'.
Sat 24/05/03 at 13:55
Regular
Panzer Dragoon Orta is absolutley fantastic! Its original, colourful, great to play and I would go as far sa saying that it is a classic that all Xbox owners should experience. After the terrible Demo a couple of months a go I decided to rent the game and givre it a chance. Everything about the game feels so "game like" and for those who complain about there not being enough fantasy games you shouldn't look any further than this game. The graphics are unbelievable and by far the best I have seen in a video game (They even surpass Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball), the Dolby Digital is brilliant and the story is very abstratc to say the least. I will be picking this up as soon as I can raise the cash because even though there are only 10 episdoes (I am on Episdode 4) there is so much more to look at including the extras and other difficulty levels.

I didn't see many people talking about this game when it was released, does anyone else share my view?
Sat 24/05/03 at 13:55
Regular
Panzer Dragoon Orta is absolutley fantastic! Its original, colourful, great to play and I would go as far sa saying that it is a classic that all Xbox owners should experience. After the terrible Demo a couple of months a go I decided to rent the game and givre it a chance. Everything about the game feels so "game like" and for those who complain about there not being enough fantasy games you shouldn't look any further than this game. The graphics are unbelievable and by far the best I have seen in a video game (They even surpass Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball), the Dolby Digital is brilliant and the story is very abstratc to say the least. I will be picking this up as soon as I can raise the cash because even though there are only 10 episdoes (I am on Episdode 4) there is so much more to look at including the extras and other difficulty levels.

I didn't see many people talking about this game when it was released, does anyone else share my view?
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
PDO is definatly a game to own. I've enjoyed playing it. :-) Not my favourite game on the XBox, but certainly up there with some of the best titles. Like you said, the graphics are amazing and theres loads going on on the screen as you play. :-)

Sega have released excellent games on the XBox - long may it continue !
Sat 24/05/03 at 14:54
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Yeah, Definately.

I would recommend this game to anyone. I claimed it as a GAD I won about a month back, it's truely superb, and if I had realised its greatness I would have paid the asking fee. Anyone who is unsure of this title, should read my review of it :) Shameless, I know. But it did win GAD :D

Go get it.
Sat 24/05/03 at 16:42
Regular
I'm not sure getting this game.

Everyone says it rocks but it looks like the kinda game that would make me want to punch my TV.

Is it difficult?

I suck at this style of game and having to start the whole thing over and over is not something i'd want to be doing.
Sat 24/05/03 at 16:54
Regular
Yes its quite difficult in places although I haven't resulted to swearing yet :) Its a great purchase and one I am looking forward to adding to my collection.
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:59
Regular
Its terrible
Sat 24/05/03 at 19:00
Regular
So is your judgement of time and explanation.
Sat 24/05/03 at 19:02
Regular
Ok,

It is boring because it is repetitive and imposible.It is colourful like a babies game,and has no real point.It is a clone of so many other games.The game pace it too fast.The whole thing is terrible.
Sat 24/05/03 at 19:04
Regular
Clone of other games? Please name them.

Colurful like a babies game? Erm... No I think you will find it has a mature rating for a reason although I suppose being a baby yourself you probably didn't take any notice.

No real point? That means there is no real point to any game. There are episodes which follow a set story and then there is a conclusion. Is this too complictaed for such a trivial mind?
Sat 24/05/03 at 19:08
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Clone of other games? Please name them.

Rogue Squadron
The original Dragoon games
Yager

> Colurful like a babies game

You got it in two,can you count to t-w-o?

Erm... No I think you will find it has a
> mature rating for a reason

They hoped only babies would play it,then put the rating up so they couldn't play it as it was too terrible

although I suppose being a baby yourself
> you probably didn't take any notice.
>
> No real point? That means there is no real point to any game. There
> are episodes which follow a set story and then there is a conclusion.
> Is this too complictaed for such a trivial mind?

If I was a baby and I am writing this I would be a super human interlectual

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.