GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML web form email results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/10 at 16:45
Regular
Hi,

I have created a form and used tables to set things out neatly everything works fine including the "captcha" thingy, but the resulting email has been constructed by reading the table cells left to right. I would like the data read column by column top to bottom if you see what I mean. I thought the tabindex attribute might fix it but no. Can I add a bit of clever code or will I have to start again :(

Thanks
Rockhopper
Wed 09/06/10 at 16:43
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Sorry it's a bit late, but does this do what you need to do?

Basically it will store all the information submitted from the form in to separate variables, then all that information is stored in the content variable in the order that you want it to appear in the email.

It was working Ok on our VIP servers, so as long as you adjust the email addresses to be your email address you should be fine.

So, just copy and paste the code, save it as mail.php and you (should be) laughing.
Wed 09/06/10 at 13:53
Regular
Thanks for your help very much appreciated, looks like its back to the drawing board ;)
Wed 09/06/10 at 11:29
"Are you sure?"
FWIW
I mostly use Freeola's formmail script as it's quick and simple to setup.

But for where I need more control I use and can recommend the free formmail script from www.tectite.com.

Along with LOTS of other options you can create an HTML template for your email (including Tables) so that the submission ends up neatly formatted.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/06/10 at 10:54
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
The display of the e-mail is out of your control, that is dictated by the form to mail script. You can style the form on your website as you have done so, however the layout of the e-mail in response cannot be changed.

Alternatively if you have any experience with PHP you could use the mail() function and create your own script.
Tue 08/06/10 at 20:30
Regular
To explain clearer, I hope, this code will produce 2 column table each with 3 rows. <table width="200" border="1">
<tr>
<td> input code etc Column 1 row 1</td>
<td> input code etc Column 2 row 1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>input code etc Column 1 row 2</td>
<td>input code etc Column 2 row 2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>input code etc Column 1 row 3</td>
<td>input code etc Column 2 row 3</td>
</tr>
</table>

with resulting email showing inputs from
Column 1 row 1,
Column 2 row 1,
Column 1 row 2,
Column 2 row 2,
Column 1 row 3,
Column 2 row 3
But I want
Column 1 row 1,
Column 1 row 2,
Column 1 row 3,
Column 2 row 1,
Column 2 row 2,
Column 2 row 3,

Many thanks
Tue 08/06/10 at 19:47
Regular
Hi, LukeM

Yes except within a table eg.

<td><div align="left">
<input name="Address 2" type="text" tabindex="3">
</div></td>
Tue 08/06/10 at 17:04
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Are you using our form-to-mail script as explained here?
Tue 08/06/10 at 16:45
Regular
Hi,

I have created a form and used tables to set things out neatly everything works fine including the "captcha" thingy, but the resulting email has been constructed by reading the table cells left to right. I would like the data read column by column top to bottom if you see what I mean. I thought the tabindex attribute might fix it but no. Can I add a bit of clever code or will I have to start again :(

Thanks
Rockhopper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.