GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've taken a risk, Wario Land 4."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
As some of you know i recently won a GAD for a review. Now i only have 2 games for my GBA so i thought i'd get a GBA game. The previous Wario Land games were far too boring and didn't really give you any thrills because basically Wario couldn't die.

On the other hand Wario Land 4 is very different, you don't die and the levels have gone more Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong country 3 style. Do you think i took a risk by making this decision?

What do you think of Wario Land 4? Is it worth it?

Thanks for reading, RiCkOsS
Thu 01/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
As some of you know i recently won a GAD for a review. Now i only have 2 games for my GBA so i thought i'd get a GBA game. The previous Wario Land games were far too boring and didn't really give you any thrills because basically Wario couldn't die.

On the other hand Wario Land 4 is very different, you don't die and the levels have gone more Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong country 3 style. Do you think i took a risk by making this decision?

What do you think of Wario Land 4? Is it worth it?

Thanks for reading, RiCkOsS
Thu 01/11/01 at 18:32
Regular
Have you get Mario Kart becuase if you havent you should get it. You could also wait for Advance Wars, ISS or the WWF game.
Thu 01/11/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I've got the Japaneese version, but have to admit to have only playing through the training level at the start. The fact that I stopped after that isn't meant to be me putting a dark mark on the game - more just me saying I've got it, but haven't had enough time to play it.
Thu 01/11/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont know - From what Ive seen it looks pretty good and am sure it will play well!! The previous Wario games were alright!! Im sure it will be fine!!
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
If it's anything like Wario Land 3, and if you didn't like Wario Land 3, don't bother with it.

If it's more like Wario Land 2, or even better, Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land, then get it. :)
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:13
Regular
"Back in black"
Warioland 4 adds a whole new dimension to the previous Wario games. I reccomend you it.
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:20
Regular
Only played the original on the Gameboy, didn't like it. This one looks much better though.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I really loved the 1st Wario Land but didn't get any others, cos I didn't have the money, and was put off by the fact that u couldn't die.

PS who thinks they should re-release Yoshi's Island (I mean the Snes one, not N64 one, cos N64 was too short!), cos it was a pure classic, easily one of the best 2D platformers. I also think they should release some DKC games on GBA. Maybe a comp of them like 1,2 and 3 but it's more likely if they release em it'll b seperately, but I can always hope. (not much point till I get a GBA tho is there!)
Sun 04/11/01 at 10:45
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> I really loved the 1st Wario Land but didn't get any others, cos I didn't have
> the money, and was put off by the fact that u couldn't die.

PS who thinks
> they should re-release Yoshi's Island (I mean the Snes one, not N64 one, cos N64
> was too short!), cos it was a pure classic, easily one of the best 2D
> platformers. I also think they should release some DKC games on GBA. Maybe a
> comp of them like 1,2 and 3 but it's more likely if they release em it'll b
> seperately, but I can always hope. (not much point till I get a GBA tho is
> there!)

No sign of any DKC yet, but there is a Diddy Kong racing game, Diddy Kong Pilot. Also no matter what comes out i've seen the best game ever! Midnight Club.
Sun 04/11/01 at 21:44
Regular
Actually DONKEY KONG COCONUT CREAKERS is coming out in December, and guess what else GTA3!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.