GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shrek Region 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 15:59
Regular
Finally got my Region 1 this week (although it's not supposed to be out until Monday officially).
So glad that I went for the R1 rather than the much more inferior R2.

Spanking good picture, DTS soundtrack (as well as 5.1 and 2.0 surround), shedloads of extras and a week earlier.

Who's going for the R2 now then?!
Sun 04/11/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Bleeders wrote:
> Go Region 1! Miles ahead of Region 2 in nearly every aspect.

I mean, I
> received my Region 1 Planet of the Apes 2001 and Tomb Raider - need I say more?

How about "and Region 1 even has DVDs of good movies too"?
Sun 04/11/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
check out the reviews of it, at ukreviews, theres some good ones, especialy the one done by me :D
Sun 04/11/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks for that Gaming Guy - Im going to rent this out next week, Sounds good!!
Sat 03/11/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Go Region 1! Miles ahead of Region 2 in nearly every aspect.

I mean, I received my Region 1 Planet of the Apes 2001 and Tomb Raider - need I say more?
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:48
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Mattyboy wrote:
> What is Shrek like??

*Warning - Contains slight spoilers*

It's a very decent film - I saw it at the cinema on it's preview showing, 1 week before everyone else and I loved it. When I read you all talking about it, I was quite surprised because I thought that it was intended for children. Anywho, back on topic, Shrek is about an Ogre named Shrek (Mike Myers) that lives on his own in a remote area. However, a Donkey, appropriatley named "Donkey" (Eddie Murphy) tresspasses onto Shrek's grounds. The Donkey won't leave him alone after that moment and he becomes his sidekick, which results in some very funny moments. Then, Shrek's grounds are bombarded with fairytale characters, such as The Three Blind Mice, Pinochio and many more. Shrek wants to go to Prince John, to get a contract to get the characters off of his area. However, when he does, he stumbles in on the proceedings, of where various soldiers will be sent out to slay the dragon and save the Princess. In a very funny wrestling scene, he destorys the soldiers and is proclaimed the winner, before he can make head or tail of the situation. He is then made to go to the castle and the Prince says that if he can slay the dragon, his ground will be cleared. However, the Dragon is not quite what it seems and Shrek manages to get the princess and return her to the Prince, with some halarious escapades on the way. The Prince doesn't keep to his end of the bargain and screws up the contract. Shrek sneaks back and manages to see the Princess one more time and discovers a very startling fact, that I shant go into, or I'll spoil the entire film for you!

Hope I helped.
Thanks for reading.
Gaming Guy.
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
What is Shrek like??
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
im getting a new tv roday, the supports ntsc playback, so il get region x for my ps2, then buy shrek.
Thu 01/11/01 at 23:08
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
My goodness - Region One gets better than Region 2 disk shocker.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I could go for the region 1 as my downstairs DVD player is multi region but I won't as the one in my room isn't. My one is better, it's just not multi region. Anyway, I'll get it for free as I'm sure my dad will get it.
Thu 01/11/01 at 20:23
Regular
me
cos its free thanks to the good people at spez rez
*holds up a washing powder box up with the spez rez logo on*
"spez rez for all your gaming needs"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.